2) “I’m the Only One” is a favorite song of American Idol contestants, having been performed four different times. If we were to have a Saturday 9 karaoke night, what song would you do? “I Think We’re Alone Now”. I don’t sing well, but I’ve got an off-color version of it that brings down the house.
3) A rocker at heart, Melissa Etheridge began her career in her teen years, playing with local country groups. Which do you enjoy more: country or rock? Rock.
4) In 1985, Melissa sent a demo to Olivia Records, hoping for a record deal. She was rejected. Her debut CD was released in 1988 on the Island label and went gold. Tell us about a time you bounced back from professional adversity. In sales, almost everything can have adversity. You bounce back or quit. I bounced back.
5) In her personal life, Melissa has faced major challenges, including breast cancer and the death of her son. She credits music with helping her heal emotionally. What gives you strength? My family and friends. I’m lucky. Very lucky.
6) Melissa is a vegetarian, so her diet emphasizes plant-based foods like fruits, grains, nuts and vegetables. What was your most recent meal? Would it qualify as vegetarian? Cajun chicken wings. Of course, it counts.
7) In 1993, the year this song was popular, a massive storm dropped a record 56″ of snow in Mount Le Conte, TN. Have you done much shoveling this winter? The people I hire have. Only once, so far. But this is it. In Arizona, there is no snow or lawn. My expenses will go down.
8) One of the most popular movies of 1993 was A Few Good Men, starring Tom Cruise, Demi Moore and Jack Nicholson, who famously said, “You can’t handle the truth!” What’s the most recent movie you watched? On my recent flight back from Phoenix, I watched “The Martian” with Matt Damon.
9) Random question: Dessert is on us! Describe your perfect ice cream sundae. I really don’t eat sweets. Sorry.
Hope all is fine. I had my first trip looking at houses in Phoenix. My son Ben & I had a blast. 73 degrees in January was easy to take. Hope all’s well with you. Join us, nest time. Same time. Same blog.