1) The “Test your vocab” website (click here to test it out and share your results if you want) estimates the number of words in your vocabulary based on how many specific words you know the definition of. Have you ever read a dictionary to increase your vocabulary? No. I just use it like anyone else. I underline the dirty words.
2) Today (Oct. 26) is “Howl at the Moon Day.” How often do dogs wake you up in the middle of the night either barking or howling? My virtual dog Happy has many great abilities. Barking is not one of them. So, no dogs aren’t even allowed in my complex. Although, after my operation, my GF and I are buying a house. I hope there aren’t dogs there either. No, I don’t mind them. But sales of Happy’s litters tend to suffer in neighborhoods where real ones are allowed. Happy even grew up. Here’s a pic as a puppy and one now:
3) My fiance got roped into carving a pumpkin (mostly against his will) for his office due to his artistic ability. Have you carved (or will you be carving) a pumpkin this week for Halloween? Yes. I raised four kids. I even had step kids for three years. Now, I have grandkids. Man it’s all flown by. On November 3rd I will hit a milestone birthday. I’m not sure that I’m ready. But on the 5th Kathy is throwing me a large party. So I’m psyched for that. Oh, and how someone is forced to carve a pumpkin “mostly against his will” must be some interesting or truly irrational happenstance.
5) What do you think of the parents of celebrities (like Lindsay Lohan’s mother Dina) writing tell-all memoirs about their families? I think all of us in the 99% would grab a chance at a pay day. So while I think it’s rather revolting, I understand it.
7) Earlier this week, McDonalds announced that its McRib sandwich, a boneless barbecue pork sandwich which has a massive cult following, is back through Nov. 14. (Personally, I’m not sure why people are so crazy for it.) What about you — are you a McRib fan? Yes and it is a crude rip off a Subway sandwich that was discontinued. But will I go and eat one today? Probably. I just heard about its return myself. Why it goes away stumps me.
8) What animal, besides humans, do you think would make the best world leaders? Elephants. The are intelligent, passionate, live in family groups and are not threatening. Unless you are a lion cub. Then you are in deep shit. Somehow, they get pissed when lions eat their calves. There is known evidence that after an attack, the calf’s mother sought the pride’s cubs and killed them all. They also have rituals around the death of their own kind. And a word of advice: Don’t interrupt them during sex.
WTIT: The Blog will be back.
Whether you are ready or not.
Same time. Same blog.