1) This song is about newlyweds looking ahead to a happy life together. What are you looking forward to today? An ex-college girlfriend. We had wild times, but U1) This song is about newlyweds looking ahead to a happy life together. What are you looking forward to today? An ex-college girlfriend called last. She asked to spend the night. Then she told me that she was finally wanting to try a threesome. She’s bringing her BFF. Other than that not much is happening. Sorry, life can be boring.
2) They look forward to getting to know one another better. Tell us about someone who knows you well. Is it the person who has known you the longest? I’ll go with Harvey Wallbanger. We are an open book. We laugh. We kid. We fart. Oops, that’s a typo.
3) The song lyrics are credited to “Robb Wilson” and “Arthur James,” but those aren’t their real names. Robb Royer and Jimmy Griffin were founding members of the 70s soft-rock group Bread. Are you familiar with that band? If so, do you have a favorite Bread song?(Find their greatest hits here.) Yep, I know of David Gates & Bread. “Let Your Love Go” is my favorite. It is the only uptempo song they had as a hit.
4) Richard Carpenter discovered this song on his afternoon off when he and sister Karen were on tour. He took a few hours to unwind at the movies, heard this song in the film Lovers and Other Strangers, and decided it would make a perfect Carpenters record. How do you like to unwind? Smirnoff sometimes helps.
5) Karen Carpenter drank unsweetened iced tea, every day, all year long. Do you prefer your tea hot or cold? Really? I don’t drink tea, so all go for door number 3 Monte…
6) Elvis was a fan of Karen’s and, according to the recollection of singer Petula Clark, hit on her when she and Clark visited him backstage in Vegas. Pet recalled Karen was very innocent and said, “I felt responsible for her so I got her out of there.” Tell us about a time when you looked out for a friend. A drunk friend tried to pick a fight at a nightclub. He didn’t the guy was on the Hartford Whalers. I jumped up and apologized to him. The drunk was pissed at me. It was an incident that defined the friend. He to this day is the only ex WTIT dj I am completely out of touch with…
7) President Richard Nixon was a Carpenters fan, too, and invited the duo to perform at the White House at an official dinner for West German Chancellor Willy Brandt. If you could hear anyone perform live in an intimate setting, like a dinner party, who would you choose? Paul McCartney. Or the guy who wrote “Disco Duck”. It’s a close call.
8) Today Richard collects classic automobiles. He has a 1964 Ford Thunderbird, like the one Beach Boys sang about in the song “Fun, Fun, Fun.” Can you think of another song that mentions a car? How about “Drive My Car” by the Beatles. Did the Disco Duck guy have car songs? See what I mean?
9) Random question: Do you tend to feel more content at the beginning of the day, or at the end? Mornings. I can’t believe I said that. I was such a night owl. Although it’s the virus that gets me in bed at night. It’s just different & I can’t wait to till it’s over. That it’s for me. We hope to see you Stealing. Join us. Same time. Same blog.