Welcome to The WTIT Tape Radio Blog’s Instant Recap for the month of July 2007. First, we are sorry we are late with this recap. We debuted a couple of new features. One worked and the other didn’t . We have had our share of readers stealing our Sunday Stealing. We had more than enough of Lola and her Saturday 8 memes and did our weekly Dating Profiles of the Week. And of course, our responses to Mimi Lenox’s Comeback Challenge. we continued our new feature “A Tape DJs’ Take” when WTIT looks at music. We hope you have had a great summer month!
1. WTIT Instant Blog Recap: June 2007 When You Wish Upon a Star Our monthly blog recap.
WHAT IS THE ONE NUMBER YOU CALL OFTEN??? (202) 456-1111. The White House. I only call when George W. fucks up. It’s about 20 times a day.
2. The Big Chill Our “Sunday Stealing” meme.
What are you thinking about now? Jill Hennessy, why?
3. Bud’s Laws: Law 38
Once a job is fucked up, anything done to improve it will only make it worse.
4. Happy 4th
5. A Prayer for Jules
My daughter battles her eating disorder.
10. A Family Fourth The Weiser Clan gathers.
How hard could grilling a few burgers be? But I decided to first do an inventory. Grill? Lost in 2nd divorce. Platters? Lost in the first divorce. Tongs… well, you get the idea.
11. As Seen on TV We explore our spam.
As Seen On TV: Get A Bigger Penis Today! As seen on what TV? The video of “Grandma Does Dallas”?
12. Let’s Go Back and Pick Them Up WTIT Folklore.
Johnnie and his “new true love” were really going at it in a only-making-out sense. Billy subtly and gently started massaging this lady’s left breast. The girl naturally thought it was Johnnie’s hand.
14. Where Do I Want to Go Today? Our “Dating Profiles”.
Is this thing on? Lady that is not a microphone, it’s a…oops my bad. “The Best Adult Dating Site” does live up to its name though.
15. Searching for My Cell Our “Sunday Stealing” meme.
Do you believe in Karma? Just “Instant Karma” the new John Lennon tribute album that benefits Darfur. Great music. U2 and Green Day doing Lennon? Must hear.
16. Suzie Creamcheese and the Bowl of Missing Strawberries Our Celebrity News.
If I were Bill Maher I would use this as one of his infamous “New Rules”. New Rule: Only report to us when a rapper spends a night out without an incident involving guns happens. Now THAT would be real news.
17. When in Doubt Play Dead Our responses to Mimi Lenox’s “Comeback Challenge”.
Dance like no one is watching, sing like no one is listening and Love like you’ve never been hurt before. Do you skate? Speak like everyone is saying, “what the fuck is he talking about?”
18. It Was All Cos’ Fault WTIT Folklore.
We had returned from golf and our wives asked if they could take a nap before dinner. We were fine with it. We had alcohol and Jimmy Buffett tapes.
19. WTIT Top 10 Male R&B Singers of All Time.
Otis Redding was born in 1941. He was not with us long. He started recording in the early 60’s and as “(Sitting On) The Dock of the Bay” became his biggest hit, Otis was killed in a plane crash in December 1967.
20. Alcohol and the Kama Sutra Our “Dating Profiles of the Week”.
I am interested in someone who is sincere and honest. Sure, I can fake that. Friday good for you?
21. Going Down in Flames Lola’s Saturday 8 meme.
we were talking about logical fallacies the other day (red herring, straw man, ad hominem, etc.), and the discussion led to superstitions. what superstition are you a victim of in your life, or just follow? I have but one. I always move out my shit after a divorce.
22. Two Sisters and a Diet Coke Our “Sunday Stealing” meme.
Want to get married : Not unless someone gets me pregnant.
23. Bud’s Laws: Law 45
If you keep your head while everyone is losing theirs, then you don’t understand the problem.
24. Get Your Own Beer Our responses Mimi Lenox’s “Comeback Challenge.”
Must love children but not have any of their own. Must love brains but not have any of their own.
25. Just Running a Kennel Our “Celebrity Interview”: Michael Vick
Bud: Okay, I’ll bite. What the fuck did you think they were doing with fifty pitbulls?
Michael Vick: Running a kennel?
26. WTIT Top 10 Female R&B Singers A Tape DJs’ Take.
1. Aretha. The Queen of Soul.
27. Yes, The Picture is of Me Our “Dating Profiles of the Week”.
Yes, the picture is of me. Oh, thanks. I thought you just cut it out of the mag “Ugly Monthly”.
28. Unrequitted Crushes and Utter Nonsense Lola’s “Saturday 8” meme.
many people have met a spouse/fiance(e) at work. have you ever crushed on a co-worker, and how did that turn out? The only time I had a crush on a co-worker, I had to console her after her boyfriend broke up with her at Thanksgiving. We were naked in forty-five minutes. This turned out to be a very bad idea.
29. Show Tunes and Fight Songs Our “Sunday Stealing” feature.
Can you sing the fight song? I can’t sing “Happy Birthday”, but I am guessing that’s not what you mean. I went to two different schools and no I don’t remember the dumb fucking “fight songs”.
30. Just the Facts We respond to comments.
According to a recent study 83% of women say that marriage is no longer necessary while only 70% of men concurred. Does it strike you as odd that men want to be married more than women? No. A guy figures that his wife can work 40 hours, cook seven nights a week, do his laundry, keep the house spotless and still want sex all the time. His contribution? Emptying the garbage and doing the dishes on special occasions.
31. Think She Might Be Playing Me? We look at a myspace email.
I’m 21/F/single and I like a guy who is easy to be comfortable around. I’m into a guy who is a little bit older than me. You say you’re 55 so I guess that means you 😉
Thank you for taking the time to check in and read our bits of nonsense. July was a great month at The WTIT Tape Radio Blog. Again, we are sorry we ran our Monthly Recap feature late this month. We will get better at this. Or not. Tomorrow we will share our answers to Mimi Lenox’s Comeback Challenge. We are the defending champ. Oh, the pressure! Join us. Same time. Same blog.