Welcome to Monday Mayhem!
The place where nothing matters and we can all have fun on a Monday. Every week is something different. Harriet is our host. Or hostess. Your call.
Monday Mayhem: It’s August! Random News Stuff
Harriet’s Mission Statement: Today we are going to roast going on vacation. Have fun!
|On vacation in 2009.
1. If you were to go on a vacation next week, where would you go to? I am on vacation next week and in two weeks. I’m spending part of the first week with my son Ben, wife Maria and granddaughter Zoey who is 2 months old. My second vacation will bring me to my daughter Heather’s house, husband Alec and granddaughters Lauren (8) and Lindsay (5). I get a week in September and will go to San Diego to finally visit my rock star son, James.
2. What was your favorite childhood vacation memory? The day my dad’s hookers showed up on the wrong week.
3. Would you or have you ever been on a vacation without your significant other? Yes. I will on these current ones. She’s doing this fucking thing called “work”.
4. What is your worst vacation memory? Mom throwing a fit over the hookers. She shoulda shopped longer. But it was pretty easy telling them that my dad bought them for me and my 15th birthday.
5. Who would you love to take on vacation with you and where would you go? Jill Hennessy would love San Diego next month. I mean she is gonna leave her hubby as she told me. On a serious note: Before Crossing Jordan got canceled, NBC’s ad agency contacted me because of all my Jill Hennessy references. They wanted me to promote Crossing Jordan’s new season. Here’s that post from January 11, 2007:
One of the thing we do as bloggers is generally over estimate our influence on the universe. Some are waiting to be “discovered”. Some folks are just taking their “writing muscles” out for a stretch everyday. I am neither waiting to be discovered nor want to write a book. I started out just to promote the WTIT.net website, and I realized I loved this forum for writing comedy. Making you smile is all I am after. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t.
Apparently NBC television does not agree with me. They have decided The WTIT Tape Radio Blog has a ton of influence. In August, for my 100th post I wrote 100 things about me. It is a fairly standard 100th post kid-of-thing. In it I mentioned that “Crossing Jordan” is my favorite TV show and that I am a huge fan of its star, Jill Hennessy. Yesterday I received this letter from a web marketing firm employee to promote the return of the show this month:
I hope this email finds you well and enjoying the new year. I am writing to you because I came across your blog and noticed you are a fan of Jill Hennessy from the hit TV show Crossing Jordan. I’d like to offer you links where your audience can directly connect to the official Crossing Jordan website. I work for a marketing agency that is officially representing NBC Universal’s suite of websites, and am helping fan site webmasters such as you update and add to their existing content.
If you haven’t already seen the official NBC website for Crossing Jordan, check it out at http://www.nbc.com/Crossing_Jordan. NBC also offers an interactive video channel online where you can view all their shows online so if there other shows you would like to link your audience to I would be more than happy to help.
I am including in this email several link options to help connect the official website with yours so that you can start offering access to the interactive and multimedia features available on NBC.com. Should you have any questions on how to best use these links, feel free to give me a call and we can discuss it more in-depth. Also, if you would like us to create for you customized HTML code you can simply copy and paste into your website, we can do that as well! Just let us know what you need and we’ll make every attempt to help you!
Thanks for your time and Happy New Year!
Crossing Jordan Videos
As you may notice, I have placed the links in my sidebar. But when I was chatting last night with [my girlfriend], I asked her, “Could I really help save this show?” Could the fact that NBC thinks that I have that kind of impact mean I do? At first I thought it was a “spam” type thing. I had to use the “search blog” button to find that I had written about Crossing Jordan. Now that I realize how important I am I think they better have Jill Hennessy call me. Or her people can set it up with my people.
So click on my links. If you see Jill tell her I was asking about her. When the show’s ratings skyrocket we will know the WTIT Tape Radio Blog was the reason. I’d chat with you longer today, but the phone is ringing. Oops. It’s Jill. I gotta take this. We have to get her show straightened out. Maybe she needs a guy to play a Tape Radio DJ. Hey, you never know.
If you think I am confusing “spam” and this request I am not. After I responded to the email, I got a BIG ‘Thank You” letter in return. Crossing Jordan is on NBC on Sunday nights beginning January 14th. (END OF ORIGINAL POST.)
UPDATE: My “help” did not work. The 2007 season would be its last. They had to film two endings for the final episode since it was shot without knowing the show’s status. It was about a plane crash with most of our cast on board. It was to be a cliffhanger. But, just in case they got cancelled, they also shot a rescue.
6. What is the biggest waste of money vacation you have ever heard of? How can you waste money vacationing? If you got to worry about $$$, don’t go. That’s the main reason that it’s taken 6 years for me to go to San Diego. Why go if you’re worried about money?
7. Who really needs a vacation? Apparently, the twins did. They are still visiting family in France.
8. Have you ever done something on a vacation that would hope nobody would ever hear about? Nope. I tend to brag. That’s a wrap on Mayhem. See you next time!!
That’s a wrap on WTIT: The Blog for a Monday.
We will return again.
Unless we don’t.
Same time. Same blog.