Lola: Fare Thee Well
Lola had maybe four people that still did the meme. But it all went fine until she changed websites; and then started skipping weeks. First it was a couple of weeks. And then it was more. She then skipped LOTS of weeks. By the end, she posted much less than one a month. Anyway most of this we have said in our regular prelude to each week’s Saturday 9 (and how we discovered this current feature.) We miss her. We fought so much and the posts we did back then were some of this sites’ best comedy. We read those posts recently by clicking the feature/label name Saturday 8 on my side bar. Today exactly 90 days after her final post, we said goodbye to Lola on her blog. As of Saturday May 17, 2008 at 20:25 hours, Lola has not deleted our message. Maybe we do get the last word! Today we posted our farewell on her site:
And yet you never even said goodbye. Mores the pity. I hope you have a great life & thanks for the memories!
May 16, 2008 5:06 PM
2. Name the one song that was way overplayed and you hate. There were so many songs I the late 60’s and early 70’s songs that we called “bubblegum songs”. The most overplayed of that genre was in 1969 and Sugar Sugar by the Archies. A Saturday morning fucking cartoon band at that.
3. Name the one song it seems everyone loves but you don’t. “Love and Marriage.” Yea. Like you could have both.
4. Name the one song you think everyone hates but you love. I can only think of a Neil Young song. Rock Rolling, a WTIT DJ, said during a shoe: “The man cannot sing. He is a really sloppy guitarist. You like him, why?” We have to agree with the assessment, yet we still love songs by Neil Young. But as it is with other artists including Dylan, sometimes the cover versions of their songs are better.
5. Name the one song that is sung by someone you’d love to date. I’ll go with Strong Enough by Sheryl Crow. She is very talented, is smart and is hot. In fact she is by far the most talented rock female artist of the last fifteen to twenty years. And she broke it off with Lance Armstrong just before they were to wed. He only has one ball. You think? Nah, probably not.
6. Name the one song this season that was sung best on American Idol. I really enjoyed Somewhere Over the Rainbow by Jason Castro.
7. Name the one song that you think is the best love song of the 00’s thus far. It’s not a really love song, but let’s go with Love Song by Sara Bareilles. It’s smart and catchy and we can’t of another. And we promise to stop talking about her. Honest.
9. Name the one song from a TV theme that you like the best. We just heard the full version of the Cheers theme once again on our iPod. It only aired on only the last episode.
Making your way in the world today, takes everything you’ve got;
Same time. Same Blog. Goodnight, Sam.