Nick Fradiani, 29, won American Idol’s 14th Season. He is the first winner from our home state of Connecticut! Only one last season to go. Season 15 will end the fantastic run. We thought Jax would win, but we really didn’t care. This is the first season that we have not grabbed songs from the artists. We will, since we have every year but Season 1. Cheers to you Nick from WTIT!
|Dad & I|
1)This week’s song was once named the favorite love song of Bud Wiser, the godfather to this humble blog. With Valentine’s Day coming up, what’s your favorite love song? How can I answer this? You’ve done it for me. Seriously, it always changes. At my age, getting drunk and screwing isn’t a great combo. I’ll go with Adele’s “Make You Feel My Love”.
4) Mr. Buffett opened a Margaritaville Casino in Atlantic City. Have you ever gambled in Atlantic City? What about Las Vegas? I’ve been to Vegas a couple of times. The last was with my son Ben for his stag 6 and a half years ago. Mohegan Sun is in Connecticut. Kathy and I spent Christmas night there in 2010. We just did video poker. I’m not much of a gambler.
7) On this date in 1974, the show Good Times (“Dy-no-mite!”) premiered and, much to Sam’s confusion and chagrin, still enjoys an audience in syndication. Tell us about a pop culture phenomenon that you just never got into. Rap and hip hop. I really understand their allure, but for me alternative music is what speaks to me.
9) A warm-weather choice to consider on a February day: Ice cream sundae or banana split? I don’t eat much ice cream. That’s Kathy’s poison. Just pour me a Smirnoff, Ketel One or Ciroc and I’m good to go.
> Welcome again to Stealing which we bring you weekly on The WTIT Blog. We have gotten really good at just stealing a meme from someone else’s post. (You can play this meme with Judd and click on the official Sunday Stealing meme.) Today we ripped this meme off a blogger and friend known as Cat. She authors the blog Sweet Memes. It’s long, so we will do it in parts. She explains the she from here. No, we don’t get that part either. But, it was probably stolen there as well. So, of course, that will be as far as we go. Tracing back our theft’s thieves might take some time. Link back to us at Sunday Stealing! So let’s go!
Cheers to all of us thieves!
16. What was the last thing you did that was totally selfish, yet you feel no guilt? I spent Thursday night with Johnnie Walker. He and his son were flying out of town at 1 AM. His son was getting out of work (His job is fifteen minutes away from my place) at 12 PM. The Hartford airport is only fifteen minutes from my place, too. I made him watch the Yankee game until American Idol came on. He is a Red Sox Nation kinda guy. James Durbin tossed over Hailey? Please. Welcome to an all country Scotty Vs Lauren final.
17. Tell us about a film fave of yours that we probably have not seen. The Sure Thing is an early Rob Reiner film. It was a remake of It Happened One Night. The dialogue and the acting of John Cusack, Daphne Zuniga were brilliant. It is a funny ass film that hits all the right notes.
18. When was the last time you kissed someone that you shouldn’t have on the lips? Shouldn’t have according to who? I generally don’t regret kissing someone.
19. When was the last time you cooked something for someone not in your family? That would have been for my ex-girlfriend. I do a great breakfast and grill meat very well.
21. When was the last time you just wanted to be invisible? Everyone knows that only Claude Rains could do that.
22. When was the last time you got a gift you absolutely hated? Hate is a strong word. But I really dislike sweaters.
23. When was the last time you got into a physical fight? (If NEVER, let us know about a time that you got close to a fight.) At a stag party a guy who employed the groom’s father came up to me and pushed me and said “Your father-in-law is an asshole.” I pointed my father-in-law out, and said “Work it out with him.” He pushed me and said “I said that your father-in-law is an asshole.” This guy was at least 15 years my senior. I said, “Push me again and I will knock you into next week.” He pushed. I threw one punch that knocked him out. But I had forgot that over half of the 250 guys there were his employees. It might have gotten ugly if my brother, his friends and my WTIT DJs weren’t with me. They surrounded me. Everyone calmed down and the party continued. Then the stripper decided that she was scared to go out there. I went into her dressing room to tell her it was all over and that I would see to it that no guy would mess with her. All the while we were talking (say fifteen minutes) she was completely naked. Boy, did I wish that I was single at that moment.
25. When was the last time you were under some serious stress? This week was as stressful a week as I have ever known.
26. When was the last time you watched your favorite movie? Probably the first week the ex moved in. We did a lot of “Show you mine then show me yours” in a movie kind of way.
28. What would you rather do: shower or bathe with that celebrity that you are crushing on? Bathe with Jill Hennessy.
30. What would you say is your favorite hobby? Writing comedy. Although, you would not know that from this fucking post.
WTIT: The Blog.
Enjoy your Sunday…
We will return.
Just a fair warning.
Peace, my friends.
Join us. Same time. Same blog.
In a major upset Kris Allen beats Adam Lambert for the American Idol champ. The show was so much better this year. Lionel Ritchie, Cyndie Lauper et all gave it an 80’s feel. Adam with Kiss. Lil Rounends with the Queen, an Queen with Kris and Adam. Rod Stewart seemed to have lost a step. I am worried about him. The Top 13 were great. Norman and Bikini Girl’s return were great. Cooke was solid. I had no rooting interest. I picked Adam from the top 26 or so. At the end it was either America is a bit homophobic, or Danny’s fans (third place) were closer to Kris’ style than Adams.
Great season. Terrific finale. I love the twist ending. Time well spent.