To join in click here.
Cheers to all of us thieves!
1. If you saw a dog locked in a hot car, what would you do? Sing a Christmas carol to it. There are no hot cars in New England in December.
2. Is it easy for you to accept help when you need it? Nope. You can take over any project from me. I’ll be napping.
3. Have you ever been in a fashion show? Do they have fashion shows that feature a 68 year-old guy that’s in a Beatles tee & jeans?
4. Would you like to be famous? I am. I invented this website. We use to get 50 players a week. But I had to really work at it. I contacted the website owner who I stole the meme from & invite them to play. I also went to other meme sites & invited there players to join us. Our record was 80 players. We never had less than 50. Of course, there was no other social media, blogs were it. It probably is too late any way too much work. THe 15 people here each week are very loyal, thanks to Bev’s work.
5. What is your most compulsive habit? Working with music. I have 16K in iTunes. Here’s a challenge: I don’t pay for music. And I don’t illeagally download it. How do I do it? (No I don’t borrow CDs)
6. What do you most strive for in your life: accomplishment, security, love, power, excitement, knowledge, or something else? Sex. That wasn’t a choice? My bad…
7.How close and warm is your family? We are a bit more fractured since my mom died. She was the matriarch. My sister who was heir apparent has taken a big pass.
8 Does that fact that you have never done a thing before increase or decrease its appeal to you? No. Should it?
9. If your friends start belittling a common acquaintance, would you defend that person? To my dying breath, so yes.
10. Do you make a special effort to thank someone who does you a favor How do you react when you aren’t thanked for going out of your way for someone? This question is a train wreck of two questions. I always “thank”. Worrying about non-thanks back at you is silly. If you do a favor, do it graciously, my dad taught me this.
11. Since adolescence, in what 3-year period do you feel you experienced the most personal growth and change? Life after a 20 year marriage. I was in my late 30s. I had a blast & learned a lot.
12. When you do something ridiculous, how much does it bother you to have other people notice it and laugh at you? Of course not. Or I kick them in the shins.
13. Do you believe in capital punishment? We need so much reform in a prison system that jails non violent crime folks. We have more prisoners per our population than any other country including Russia & China.
14. Do you find it so hard to say “no” that you regulalry do favors yo do not want to do? This question needs a serious spell check. I am very good at “no”. I just do what I want and pass when I don’t.
15. What, if anything, is too serious to be joked about? Donald J. Trump.
To join in click here.
Cheers to all of us thieves!
1. What don’t you share? My vinyl. Never have, never will. The only way you keep vinyl perfect is just using it yourself. John Lennon died today, 39 years later. I laughed when someone asked me to lend them Sgt. Pepper.
2. A reason to celebrate? Other than Xmas I got nothing. I just fouind out that I need yet another spine opperation. The celebration? I prooved my pc doc wrong.
3. Describe where you are now. It’s a Tape Radio studio named after my late friend Johnnie Walker.
4. A dream that seems impossible. Getting of opioids. I had just done it when I got shooting pains in my arms. My doc wouldn’t help me so I went to the practices PA. She saved me.
5. Something you hope for. Peace. And living in a post-Trump universe.
6. A tradition that makes you feel at home. Sunday Stealing.
7. The people who make your life better. My WTIT buds and my wife and children.
8. Someone you’d like to meet. Paul McCartney
9. A silly thing you’d really like. Chocolate covered cherries.
10. A book from your childhood. Catcher In The Rye.
11. Something you’re still not sure about. Health. Living without pain…
12. The best dessert to share with friends. No idea. But anytime you’re with friends, you are good.
13. A story that captures your imagination. Star Trek
14. Memories beside a fireplace. Only mine to share.
15. How do you spend a rainy day? Inside.
Enjoy your Sunday!
To join in click here.
Cheers to all of us thieves!
1) What is your favorite TV show (currently)? The day’s of having one show, a “fave” if you will, is done. There are WAY too many networks, streaming services and systems designed to end cable like Hulu or Apple TV. I love “New Amsterdam”, “Bull”, still love NCIS – the original- “Young Sheldon”, “Mom” & more. My favorite cable news show is a tie between Nicolle Wallace’s “Deadline White House” & “Morning Joe”.
2) Would you like to be a child again? Sure. Where’s the line?
3) Has anyone ever told you that school times were the best period of his/her life?
Would you say that to someone? Why? At what age? I love college. High School, not as much.
4) How’s the weather? Really?
5) Do you like camping? Not unless a Marriott is involved.
6) Do you believe in paranormal phenomena? Yes. We have only scratched the surface of understanding what we don’t understand.
7) If you would create a holiday, what would it be called and how would we celebrate it? When would this holiday be? “Relationship Repair Day.”
8) What word(s) do you dislike? Can you tell why? Words don’t bother me unless they are racist, homophobic or mean spirited. “Swear words” don’t bother me at all.
9) What color do you dislike? What do you associate with it? Pass.
10) Do you believe in otherworldly creatures, eg. ghosts, etc? See question 6.
11) Pick two of your favourite fictional characters. Where are they from (what movie, book, etc?) and why are they your favourite? Neo of The Matrix and Captain Kirk (or really any of them except the first season of Discovery.
12) If you could change anything or add anything to your body would you? (this can be interpreted however, but, think, would you like to have fins or extra hands?) Just when I think this meme can’t get weirder it does.
13) What are some family traditions you have/had growing up? Do you still continue them, if yes, why, if no, why not? My first wife and took our kids to amusement parks in the New York/New England area. Our favorite was “Santa’s Land” in Putney, VT. It closed from disrepair 5-10 years ago. I always wanted to go with my grandkids. Then, someone bought it and it reopened last year. So, on December 21 I am taking my older two kids and their kids. I am SO exccited. It’s a laidback place and not pricey. It currently costs $13 to get in. It ain’t Disneyworld. If you got kids or grandchildren, neices or nephews go.
14) What do you think of tattoos? Do you have any? No I was never interested. Although this one’s neat.
15) What is the most disgusting habit some people have? Smoking.
16) If you could bring back one TV show that was cancelled, which would it be? Star Trek: Enterprise. They were robbed of seasons 6 & 7. Oh and Crossing Jordan with Jill Hennessy. Although with the death of Miguel José Ferrer, who played her boss, it wouldn’t be the same.
17) What was the most unsettling film you have ever seen? The Caterpillar. Don’t ask.
18) What book has impacted you the most? The dictionary. It’s got all the other books in it.
19) You’re on Death Row and get one final meal: What is that meal and why do you choose it? A New England lobster and clam bake.
20) What is the first profession you remember wanting to become as a child? A DJ. I was 6.
Have a safe week. We will return. Same time. Same blog.
Thanks to The Gal for authoring this meme. Click on the Sat-9 title of song on the next line below to play.
Song #1: “When You’re Smiling.” What made you smile this week? Skip this if you hate older folk complaining about their health. Monday I met with my doctor. This is a bit technical, but here goes: I have been reducing my oxicontin level for about two years. We have gone from 40ml from two years ago to 15ml. Not bad. I tried to go to zero, but I have a major problem with my right arm, won’t say more because I have not a specialist. My arm is in so much pain that I felt like doing nothing at all because of the pain. The doc won’t give pain pills because I got off of them. He told me to use a heating pad and come back in three weeks. Fortunately he has a great nurse practitioner that has helped me in the past. Same practice. I saw her yesterday and has agreed to be my caregiver. My doc is 72 and now part time. He has lost his fastball. What it is exactly, I can only guess. But when the nurse said she’s get me back on pain meds recommended a specialist to see, plus take over treating me for me. I was smiling ear-to-ear. My doctor who I’ve with since 1994 is toast.
Song #2: “Almost Like Being in Love.” We’ve all had many crushes, but love is rare. How many times have you fallen in love? My three wives for sure. And Kathy obviously is #1. Stupid comment on my part. I had a long distance love affair with The Peace Blogger that lasted a long time. We are still friends, and I’m glad about that. My high school girlfriend and the first girlfriend after my each of my two marriages. There was those girls in the dorms. I think that’s it. Eight? I’m 68. That’s not a lot considering the amount of women that I have have dated. Most I could buzz tomorrow, but wife # . Why? I have no idea. Plus I met her in February of 1994. But do I care? Of course not. WE met in 1993, got engaged in 1994 and married in 1995.
Song #3: “This Can’t Be Love.” This Rodgers and Hart song was introduced in the play, The Boys from Syracuse. Syracuse is the county seat of Onondaga County, NY. What county do you hail from? Hartford County. First time, long time. I’m back home. Five-point-five miles from the house that I grew up in, but the brass bands have not played “Onward Sedgwick” by my choir teacher I had for three years, yet I can’t sing a note. I’m not shy. I can’t sing.
Song #4: “Do It Again.” What’s something you’d do again, if only you had the time or money? (A book you’d like to reread, a recipe or pattern you’d like to make again, a vacation destination you’d like to revisit, etc.) My wife lived in England for several years. I spent a week there in 1973. We are planning to go back, hopefully next year. I ain’t getting younger, but other than the arm thing, I’m in great health. I feel great, and losing 40 pounds since retiring in 2017, helps.
Song #5: “You Go to My Head.” Judy forgets the lyrics, but gamely keeps going. Tell us about a recent moment when you chose to keep going, no matter what. Not really a “moment”, but keeping WTIT together through our 50th and now for another two years is kind of amazing. Especially since the number two guy, Johnnie, who passed in 2018, was such a large part of it.
Song #6: “Alone Together.” Is anyone there with you as you answer these questions, or are you alone? I am alone. While I think I’m sexy typing, somehow my wife doesn’t watch me. Or even taking time to read this.
Song #7: “Who Cares?” This song was written by brothers George and Ira Gershwin. They had a lesser known brother, stockbroker Arthur. Are you more creative and artistic, like George and Ira? Or more analytical and methodical, like Arthur? Yes, creatively. My problems with jobs was for un-diagnosed ADD. I wish I had known ten years ago. Now I don’t care, since retiring.
Song #8: “Puttin’ on the Ritz.” Judy sings that The Ritz is the place in New York
“where fashion sits.” If we wanted to see everyone “all gussied up” in your town, where would we go? We have some mighty fine dining here in Greater Hartford and a first class old style three tiered theater called the Bushmill. It’s where I had my pic with Bill Shatner taken.
Song #9: “How Long Has This Been Going On?” Judy sings about discovering how glorious romance can be. Have you made any new discoveries lately? It doesn’t have to be as groundbreaking as Judy’s. A new podcast or a faster route to work counts, too. I recently finish writing a sequel to a play that I’ve loved. It came out great and I’m going to adapt it so that WTIT can record it.
Hope your week’s going great. We will be back. Same time. Same blog. And it’s Peace Globe time. Click on The Peace Blogger link above for details…