1. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? Seeing family. My Christmas is Tuesday. It will be my last Christmas party. I’ve had them annually since my first divorce in 1990. But I am off to the warmth of Phoenix. I plan to return for Christmas, but I won’t host anymore. The pic to the left is Christmas in Phoenix.
2. What’s the most annoying thing about this time of year? It’s gotten expensive with six grandchildren to buy for. But, I am not complaining. I am very lucky to have these kids in my life. They range in age from newborn to 19.
3. Who do you celebrate the holidays with? This year with my kids James, Ben & Heather and their kids.
4. Do you travel during the holidays? No. I was invited to my son’s in Boston yesterday. I passed because I hate holiday traffic, and I’ll see them tomorrow.
5. Do you prefer giving or receiving gifts? Giving. I love to see the kid’s faces.
6. Who is the hardest person to buy a gift for? At my age, it’s all too difficult. But at least there’s Amazon.
7. What is your traditional holiday meal? We generally do turkey and all the fixings.
8. Does your town get decorated for the holidays? I haven’t noticed a thing.
9. Do you have a Christmas tree? Yes.
10. If you have a tree, what is on top of it? A naked picture of your mom.
11. Do you decorate the outside of your house with lights? No. I’m festive, not crazy.
12. What is your favorite holiday memory as a child? Getting my first tape recorder.
13. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Pecan pie.
14. Do you have a favorite holiday movie? “It’s a Wonderful Life”
15. What is your favorite holiday tradition? The neighbors are festive here. Christmas Eve, they run around the neighborhood naked. That might sound interesting, but my neighbors are in their 80s. It’s an ugly site.
I hope your holidays are great! We’ll return. Same time. Same blog.