Saturday 9: Drivers License (2021)
Unfamiliar with this week’s tune? Hear it here.
1) This song is about a girl who just got her drivers license. Who taught you to drive? My dad did. My mom had zero patience with almost everything.
2) Do you like your drivers license/state ID photo? Yep. But more important, does it like me?
3) Think back to the first ticket you received. How old were you, and what was it for? Speeding. Always speeding.
4) In this week’s song, Olivia Rodrigo is brokenhearted, driving through her boyfriend’s neighborhood, certain that he has taken up with the sophisticated blonde girl. When it comes to romance, do you have a jealous streak? Not really. By the time I’m jealous I become immediately disinterested. I had a date once, first date, and we met up at the neighborhood bar where we met. After ordering drinks, she got up and went and chatted with two guys for over twenty minutes. When she return she explained that she hated jealous men and she wanted to make sure I wasn’t jealous. When I said I wasn’t, she asked if I were angry. I replied that I was way past “angry” and I was totally disinterested. I got up and left.
5) Olivia grew up in Temecula, California. Temecula is home to 40 wineries and dozens of tasting rooms. Have you ever attended a wine tasting? Way too many. I hate wine.
6) Her first on-screen appearance was in a commercial for Old Navy stores. Old Navy is owned by the same company as Banana Republic, Gap and Athletica. Have you done any of your holiday shopping at one of those stores? (Yes, their websites count.) No.
7) She went on to star in projects for Disney studios. That’s also how pop stars Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake, Miley Cyrus, and Christina Aguilera got started. Arguably the first teen star created by Disney studios was Annette Funicello. Do you remember her? A man of my age lusted in my heart when I was 8 and watching her. Tom Rush did an amazing song about her on his “Live in Boston” album. It’s no longer available. The album is, but they pulled the song when she got so sick. I still love it & glad that I have the song.
8) “Drivers License” was one of this year’s most popular songs. One of this year’s most popular books is John Grisham’s The Judge’s List. Do you expect to do much reading between now and the end of the year? If so, what’s on your TBR (to be read) list? I read three hours a day. But I don’t read books.
9) Random Question: What is the longest line you ever stood in, and was it worth it? Lines are seldom worth it.
As you read MY DIVORCE WENT THROUGH!!! We didn’t even have to go to court. Total cost? About $400. She did not threaten to go after assets and the like. So we got a letter, and we spoke about it. I congratulated her. I thought she’d congratulate me. Instead, she said, “Thank you” and went on about her “problem”. They changed her name back, but misspelled it. Was she upset! Karma’s a bitch. See you soon. Same time. Same blog.