1) Did you dream last night? I always dream. I am on meds now that helps me remember my dreams. (Not its intent.) It’s usually a work situation that I’m trying to figure out.
2) In this song, The Everly Brothers dream of kissing “lips of wine.” Do you prefer red or white wine?I prefer Smirnoff.
3) In 1975, Rolling Stone ranked Phil and Don #1 on their list of the greatest duos of all time. Name another musical twosome. Simon & Garfunkel.
4) Mike Love has acknowledged the influence The Everly Brothers had on The Beach Boys’ harmonies. What’s your favorite Beach Boys song? God Only Knows.
5) The pressure of touring took its toll on the Everly Brothers’ personal relationship, and those stresses spilled onto the stage. They once had a fight in front their audience that ended with Phil smashing his guitar and storming off. Have you ever busted something in anger? Nope. I throw pillows. 6) One of Don’s friends was author/storyteller Garrison Keillor and that’s how the Everly Brothers came to perform on Keillor’s radio program, A Prairie Home Companion. Do you often listen to the radio or to podcasts?I listen to sports radio. I listen to music on my iTunes 15K songs.
7) The brothers chose to live in different cities and held opposite views on politics. Don said, “Everything is different about us, except when we sing.” Do you have siblings?If so, are you more alike or different? Very different. But very close.
8) In 1958, the year this song was a hit, Americans were doing the Cuban dance, the cha-cha-cha. Do you ever dance or sing when you’re home alone?Just slow ones.
9) Random question — Do you believe we each get one true love? No. I actually believe you get many. I’ve had three wives and maybe a half a dozen other serious relationships. You look for different things at different stages in life. Don’t get me wrong. Had I met “the one” I’d probably be with her. But then again, I wouldn’t be planing a move just about as far from here as I can get. I think it will be quite the adventure.
If you managed to find me this late today, thanks. I will return. Same time. Same blog.
After a radio, nightclub and television career of over 25 years,we
still write and perform comedy with essentially the same group of guys
that we started with over 50 years ago. We began as WTIT: Tape Radio and
have kept the moniker ever since. We did comedy using this "WTIT Tape
Radio" station as the backdrop. it is also a journal of a group of
friends done in a radio morning show format playing the music of the
era. We have every recording. We interviewed our girlfriends before “The
Prom” or whatever. We shared growing up, getting married and having
kids on WTIT. Later it was stories of divorces, new wives or girlfriends
If you’re here for a laugh, we hope you enjoy your visit. If you’re here
because of a cosmic accident where all of the web except this blog has
gone, then we simply apologize. To learn more about WTIT visit WTIT.net. (View my