1) Did you dream last night? I always dream. I am on meds now that helps me remember my dreams. (Not its intent.) It’s usually a work situation that I’m trying to figure out.
2) In this song, The Everly Brothers dream of kissing “lips of wine.” Do you prefer red or white wine?I prefer Smirnoff.
3) In 1975, Rolling Stone ranked Phil and Don #1 on their list of the greatest duos of all time. Name another musical twosome. Simon & Garfunkel.
4) Mike Love has acknowledged the influence The Everly Brothers had on The Beach Boys’ harmonies. What’s your favorite Beach Boys song? God Only Knows.
5) The pressure of touring took its toll on the Everly Brothers’ personal relationship, and those stresses spilled onto the stage. They once had a fight in front their audience that ended with Phil smashing his guitar and storming off. Have you ever busted something in anger? Nope. I throw pillows. 6) One of Don’s friends was author/storyteller Garrison Keillor and that’s how the Everly Brothers came to perform on Keillor’s radio program, A Prairie Home Companion. Do you often listen to the radio or to podcasts?I listen to sports radio. I listen to music on my iTunes 15K songs.
7) The brothers chose to live in different cities and held opposite views on politics. Don said, “Everything is different about us, except when we sing.” Do you have siblings?If so, are you more alike or different? Very different. But very close.
8) In 1958, the year this song was a hit, Americans were doing the Cuban dance, the cha-cha-cha. Do you ever dance or sing when you’re home alone?Just slow ones.
9) Random question — Do you believe we each get one true love? No. I actually believe you get many. I’ve had three wives and maybe a half a dozen other serious relationships. You look for different things at different stages in life. Don’t get me wrong. Had I met “the one” I’d probably be with her. But then again, I wouldn’t be planing a move just about as far from here as I can get. I think it will be quite the adventure.
If you managed to find me this late today, thanks. I will return. Same time. Same blog.
Hi! I'm Bud. I was in a group of friends that starting in high school, record comedy using the premise that we were a radio station that you could only hear in our studio. I was on-air in radio and nightclubs for years. I spent 20 years in radio & TV and retired after 15 years selling liquor. Something in which I believe. I'm a terminally single guy. Not that I didn't like marriage. I tried it. Lots. But I do enjoy this blog. We try to be funny.
If you’re here for a laugh, we hope you enjoy your visit. If you’re here
because of a cosmic accident where all the web except this blog has
gone, then we simply apologize. To learn more about WTIT (Why you would God only knows as Brian Wilson) said from his bedroom) visit WTIT.net. (View my
More on our facebook page. It's http://facebook.com/WTITRADIO.