Unfamiliar with this week’s tune? Hear it here.
1) When she’s feeling low, Taylor Swift compares herself to an old cardigan, forgotten under the bed. Do you store anything under your bed? Or do you try to keep that area clear (except for dust bunnies)? Wait. I gotta get this. Taylor “Diamonds” Swift likes cardigans? What’s the next shocker? “Taylor sings about ex-boyfriends”?? God, I love her music. But Taylor needs a serious media rest. Just my opinion.
2) The lyrics begin with a reference to a new phone. Do you foresee yourself getting a new phone before 2021 ends? Or are you happy with the one you’ve got? Only at gunpoint. The differences between the iPhone 6 and iPhone 13, other than camera (the iPhone 6 is still excellent)is memory. The 13 has 1 TB. The 6? 1 GB. You can look up the meanings. But it’s 10X for the 13. But I don’t use a phone’s memory except for a fave playlist. (Who am I kidding?) My “fave” playlist is the largest at over 17K songs. My iPods also have the WTIT recordings and comedy bits. I need two iTouch with max storage to save it all. Other than my desktop. And whatever other backups that could conceivably have saved it.
3) She sings that her lover haunts all of her “what if’s.” Have you recently wondered, “what if?” What were you musing about? I am turning 70 on November 3rd. My thoughts are all about “what ifs”. However, I am happy with my life and the three kids and six grandkids that are in it.
4) Taylor Swift admits that she rewinds after concerts by watching Friends reruns. What do you do to relax? A Smirnoff rocks tends to do it.
5) Thinking of TV shows, Taylor appeared on a 2009 episode of CSI. That series was about crime-scene investigators who use forensics to solve murders. Do you enjoy crime shows? Yes! Though I hate the CSI series. Please give me personalities! I loved NYPD: Blue, Law & Order, NCIS, Bull and WTIT Saturday Night Crime Dramas.
6) Taylor grew up on an 11-acre tree farm, where she learned to ride. Her mother was a horsewoman and hoped riding was a passion they could share. When she was 12, Taylor admitted to her mother that she really wasn’t that into it and wished she could spend more time on her music. Her mother was supportive. Tell us about a tough conversation you’ve had that turned out well. I wanted to be a DJ. My folks wanted me to go to college. To show you what a moron that I am, I tried to turn down college (free room & board), but my parents (who just didn’t get those days hippies) insisted, so off to Boston I went. I learned later that my dad was so insistent on me going to college was because my dad thought his college years were his best. So, I listened to a tough conversation, gave in, and yet won big. Only because I knew nothing in the first place. Oh, and college? I had the best fucking four years of my life. *looking upwards* Thanks, Dad!
7) She enjoys good, old-fashioned mysteries, especially those by Agatha Christie. Are you currently reading a book? A big, emphatic “NO”.
8) In 2020, the year this song was released, Jeopardy host Alex Trebek died. The search for a new host has caused interest and even controversy. Would you enjoy the job? No. While I am fairly smart, I am not at the level that they currently ask their hosts to be at. Except for perhaps Mike Richards. He lost his producing gig by fucking around trying to be the host. Hold on. I am damn smart enough!
9) Random question: Of Superman’s three superpowers — tremendous strength, the ability to fly, and x-ray vision — which would you choose? X-ray vision. No more looking under Lois Lane’s skirts.
That’s it for this Saturday. We just occasionally return, now and then. On a regular basis. We may be back. You have been warned. Same time. Same blog,