1) In this song, Garth Brooks tells us he wore boots to a black-tie affair. When did you most recently get dressed up? What did you wear? I went to one of my ex-wives’ weddings. A beautiful affair. I wore a bow tie and a WTIT thong.
2) The lyrics refer to The Oasis, which was a real bar in Concordia, Kansas. What’s the name of the last bar or restaurant where you ordered a beverage? (Yes, Dunkin’ counts.) The Crackle Barrel. No not that southern chain that you know about. It’s a neighborhood bar that Bouncing Billy & his son went to with me on Sunday. We were supposed to go to a baseball game, but a tropical storm wiped it out.
5) Before he sang about having friends in low places, Garth hung around in some. When he was as a struggling performer, he supported himself as a bouncer. What’s the most physically taxing job you’ve ever had? Filming porn videos. The subject was interesting, but we spent so much time waiting for actors to get it together. Geez.
8) In 1990, when this song was a hit, Soviet President Gorbachev traveled first to Ottawa to meet Prime Minister Mulroney and then to Washington DC to meet President Bush. Do you have any travel plans? We want to hear about them, even if you aren’t meeting any politicians or heads of state. I want to go to St. Anywhere this winter. I have someone in mind to go with me. We will see.
9) Random question: Your dear friend spends weeks planning a party. After just 30 minutes, you find yourself having a terrible time. Would you leave at the earliest (polite) opportunity? Or would you stay till the bitter end out of loyalty? I’d be out of there. I’d say, “I hear my mom calling” or something. I am NOT good at suffering fools.