2. Are you able to ignore a ringing telephone? Yes. Nowadays, you sorta hafta. When Siri says “Unknown Caller” you damn well want to keep the caller unknown. On the iPhone 10 touching it makes the ringer go very low.
3. How often do you allow a ringing phone to go to voice mail? Almost always.
4. Do you answer your cell phone, out in public, every time it rings? Or do you silence it and get back to it when you’re in a more private area? I never interrupt my live world because someone is trying to get in touch. Their message will be there when I return.
5. How often would you say you’re on your home phone? Your cell phone? I assume by “home phone” that you mean landline. I don’t even know my landline’s number. I asked not to get it. Xfinity explained to me that they use the number as an account number. I still don’t know the number, but I did plug a phone into my modem. That way I can use it to find my cell.
7. When did you last go for a bike ride? Just before I got my driver’s license at 16.
8. Do you own a bike? No I traded it for hot sex after I got my DL.
9. Given the most popular New Year’s resolution of losing weight, would you consider putting bicycle riding as one of your exercise options? Why or why not? First & foremost is the act that I lost 45 pounds after I retired. I don’t need to lose weight. And with my back problems, riding does not hold the allure it once did.
10. If you had to name a smell that always makes you nostalgic, what would it be? What sorts of memories does the smell evoke? I hope this one is not TMI. In high school my friend & fellow WTIT DJ Hunt Winklee had a cabin in the woods on their property. Why I have no idea. On weekends, we were allowed to bring a girlfriend or date there. Did it mean doubling up at times? Yes. But not often. The cabin smelled of mildew. At first, it was awful. But then with the sex & all it was not that bad. To this day when I smell mildew I think of teenage sex. Call me crazy.
11. What did you do over the weekend? No detail is too small. This is your journal, so tell us about the mundane tasks in your life. Last night was my freedom night. It was 2 weeks past my 2nd COVID-19 shot so I am a free man. I hit a restaurant and had a nice meal. It’s good that I wasn’t expecting excitement.
12. If it weren’t for my blog, I’d _________. Commit Harakiri. The pandemic came close as well.
13. When was the last time you replied “because I said so”? Do you find yourself saying that a lot? Or do you prefer to tell people WHY you want them to do something for you. I only said “because I said so” to my kids when they were under six. Now, not so much. Try sayin’ “Cuz I said so” to a significant other. What’s that you say? Yes, in this case they will become an ex-significant other.
14. What is the worst gift you’ve ever received? I don’t know who reads this, so pass.
15. Tell us the worst gift you’ve ever given. What was the reaction of the recipient? I can’t think of one. Sometimes I have been able to tell that they already had it. But what can you do? Now I buy all adults sex toys. No one else buys them for them. It’s VERY awkward but they call me three days later to rave about it.