Saturday 9: Here Comes Peter Cottontail (from the archives)
2) What’s your favorite color of Peeps (yellow, purple, or pink)? I believe in peeps of all colors, religions and creeds.
3) All this talk of sweets is making Sam hungry. What’s for lunch? Probably bacon eggs & potatoes. My go to. I can’t believe in how much that I’m cooking. I imagine that even after the pandemic I’ll still be cooking a lot. I hate cooking, but I do love what I make. Last night it was salmon steak.
4) This song was introduced by country singer Gene Autry and it’s still a favorite. Please share some of the lyrics. (And you’re on your own; Sam didn’t include a link to the song this week.)
Hoping for a happy end
Things to make your Easter sexy
A bikini for worker Romney
There’s nothing for your mommy
Some things are just weird.
5) Gene Autry was so popular that a town in Oklahoma named itself for him. Have you ever been to Oklahoma? Nope. But I had to sing it’s musical in high school choir. God I hate that fucking music.
6) He and his horse Champion also had a TV show. Can you name another famous horse? Trigger, Silver, Mr. Ed & of course Henry the horse was doing the waltz.
8) In 1950, the year Autry recorded this song, Diner’s Club issued the first credit card. Think of the last thing you purchased. Did you use cash, a credit card, a debit card, an e-wallet service (Visa Checkout, Paypal, Google Pay, Apple Pay …) or a check? Amex. Anything online it’s what I use. I bought a “Bud Man” salt & pepper shaker on eBay this week.
9) Easter is recognized as the start of the spring season. What are you looking forward to this spring? Everything. Finding yourself single before a pandemic is something I wouldn’t recommend. But I’m eight days after my second shot. Six more and I’m good to go. Anywhere.
Next Saturday night I will find a restaurant with a bar. It’s been so long since I sat on a stool and people watched. Enjoy your Easter. Join us next time. Same time. Same blog/