1) Paul McCartney sings that he won’t let a day go by without remembering why he loves his valentine. What blessings are you thankful for today? The French twins delivered a gift today. No flowers or chocolates…but wow!
2) Paul directed the video of Natalie Portman translating his song into American Sign Language (ASL), which is the third most commonly-used language in both the United States and Canada. British Sign Language (BSL), commonly used in EU countries, is very different. Do you find it easy to learn new languages? No. I found out yesterday my granddaughter speaks Latin, is taking an advanced language courses (other languages) and just learned American Sign Language because there are a lot of hearing disabled students who come into the campus coffee shop because she wanted to serve them better.
3) The song is on Paul’s Kisses on the Bottom CD, for
which he won one of his 18 Grammy Awards. What compliment or accolade have you recently received? I think this coming divorce will be accolade enough.
4) Paul is an honorary NYPD detective. He was given this designation for performing a charity concert after 9/11. Do you know anyone in law enforcement? Bouncing Bill was a policeman then detective for his career. He’s now retired.
5) Bob Dylan has said of Paul, “I’m in awe of McCartney. He’s about the only one I’m in awe of. He can do it all. He never lets up. He’s just so effortless.” Tell us about someone whose talent you admire. The most talented men I know are Rock Rolling & The Midnight Plowboy. Both are incredible musicians, comedy writers and could have been stars.
This is the last Saturday 9 before Valentine’s Day and so this morning we shall focus on the upcoming holiday.
6) The holiday is also known as The Feast of St. Valentine. Do you have a special meal planned for February 14? No. But my lady of the Globes is home in the south.
7) The phrase “wear your heart on your sleeve” began in medieval times. On Valentine’s Day, men would celebrate the holiday by displaying their lady love’s name on their sleeves. If you were going to adopt this custom, whose name would you wear? The Queen, of course.
8) Women buy and send more Valentines than men do. Who received the last greeting card you sent? Sent? Can’t tell. I tend to hand them.
9) Men buy and send more roses at Valentine’s Day than women do. What’s your favorite flower? A live one.
That does it for a Lucky 13th! I’m not much for Valentine’s Day. To me it’s just so artificial. But besides the twins there’s not a lot of celebration here. Unless my neighbor goes out. Then his wife & I have something special plan. We’ll see if the fight she plans to pick at dinner works. Oh. My news? I am expecting my 9th grandchild!! To those who celebrate, have a terrific Valentine’s Day. And join us again. Same time. Same blog.