1) In this song, Jennifer Lopez anticipates a night of unbridled passion with the love of her life. What are you waiting for tonight? (No pressure; it doesn’t have to be as thrilling as hers.) Jennifer Lopez. Alex is out of town. She called last night to ask to come over. We were recording our 617th session of WTIT, so I sent her to voice mail. Seems she was talking to Jill Hennessy to see if I was as good as Jill said. We’ll find out tonight. Just before her midnight flight to meet ARod in Tampa.
2) She sings that she’s glad she’s beyond those nights that found her tossing and turning alone in her bed. Did you enjoy restful sleep last night? Yes. Nearly 12 hours!
3) Whatever Jennifer has planned for tonight, it won’t include alcohol. She never drinks liquor. What’s the last adult beverage you enjoyed? Smirnoff & Water, last night at the aforementioned WTIT session. First one of 2021!
4) Ms. Lopez performed “Waiting for Tonight” during last year’s Super Bowl halftime show. Will you be watching The Big Game this weekend? Of course. I watch no matter who is playing. But as a lifetime Patriots’ fan, Brady & Gronk in Tampa? I am so psyched. Tampa’s “D” is terrific. But Patrick & The Chiefs are loaded as well.
5) Speaking of this weekend, The Weeknd will headline the Super Bowl 2021 halftime show. Are you a fan of his? I guess not. I had never heard him till today. Not terrible but his vocals are over processed. The Cher effect.
6) Super Bowl Sunday is the #1 day for guacamole consumption in the US. When did you most recently eat something with avocado in it? No clue. Maybe Jenny from the Block will bring some.
7) Chicken wings are a popular Super Bowl dish, too. When did you most recently eat chicken? How was it prepared? Buffalo. The spicier, the better. Same with women.
8) This year, fast food chain Chipotle will run their first-ever Super Bowl ad. Do you pay closer attention to commercials during the Super Bowl? Not really.
9) Random question: Are you more likely to pretend to be more naive than you really are, or more sophisticated? I don’t “pretend”. I preview. I preheat. I promote. No pretend.
Posting late today. UConn played at noon. They lost. We will return to this place. Same time. Same blog.