1) John Legend sings he loves his woman’s “perfect imperfections.” Tell us something quirky or imperfect about a loved one that you would not change. MaBelle keeps bringing her sister to me. She three years younger. I said each, “What would your twin Michelle think of it?”. I’m not gambling a sure thing.
2) John wrote this love song to his wife, Chrissy Teigen. The couple recently lost their baby after pregnancy complications. To whom did you most recently send a sympathy (or “thinking of you”) card or message? I refuse to responded by the constitutional right to forget. If I think of it I’ll email all of you. Fair?
4) When he was growing up, John’s mother, Phyllis, helped support the family as a seamstress. Are you any good with a needle and thread? Nope. I couldn’t sew my way out of a paper bag. Oops. Well, you know what I mean.
6) John is a judge on The Voice. Do you watch that show? Or America’s Got Talent, or American Idol? Idol. I’ve tried others but the first one is usually the best.
7) In 2013, the year this song was popular, twin baby pandas were born at Zoo Atlanta. Their panda parents had been given to the US as a gift from the Chinese, with the understanding that any offspring would be given to China. So, in 2016, the panda cubs were flown to a Chinese conservation center. They had a hard time adjusting at first, confused by jet lag, unresponsive when spoken to in Chinese, unimpressed by their new diet. Have you ever found yourself similarly overwhelmed when you traveled far from home? (BTW, the pandas are doing just fine now in their permanent Chinese home.) Not in a “wish I hadn’t come thing”. My last trip was a few years ago to San Diego to visit him & his new girlfriend, Wanda. She is now his wife & their daughter three. There is a plan a foot to have them move back by my sister. At first I thought it was “wish full thinking” but, through her, he hast a very good job offer. More to come.
8) Also in 2013, The Pope posted his first tweet. What social media platforms do you regularly use?I have WTIT accounts in all of them. But only Facebook regularly. That one uses my real name, facebook.com/WTITRADIO is our site address. Twitter it’s @wtit. Instagram I believe its @WTIT. The only WTIT page is on facebook.
9) Random question: Have you ever a) written something on a public wall or b) carved anything into a tree of bench? In the 90s I sometime would mark WTIT on a wall. Since no one ever knew what it was, it easy not to get caught…
That does it for a Saturday on this here on Tape Radio. Join us again. Same time. Same blog.