1) This song was inspired by a young Ellie Goulding’s fear of the dark. What scared you when you were a kid?
I never looked at crows again the same to this very day. I loved Hitchcock. “The Birds” was my aunt’s favorite film…
2) She thinks back to the room where her brother and sister slept and she felt safe. Did you share a room when you were growing up? No. After my brother was born my folks built a six bedroom home.
3) Ellie Goulding grew up in public housing and worked her way through the University of Kent in Canterbury. Back in those days, her favorite job was theater usher because it offered her the perk of seeing plays for free. What’s the most recent “freebie” you scored? (This includes a buy one/get one deal, extra points on your credit card, etc.) The house I live in was bought for me. Top that. 🙂
4) Even though today she is an international music star, Ellie still
lives modestly. She describes herself as “still in university mode,” and limits herself to $10/day for lunch. Where do you economize? Almost everywhere. Even without rent I have all that lawn – heat – AC – plow – shit. Obvious it was worth it. I live on Social Security plus a modest 401K. And I loss the income when Kathy moved out.
5) Ellie has proclaimed herself “a cat lady” and often posts pictures of her cats to her Instagram account. What’s the most recent photo you took? It was the selfie we took for our 2020 WTIT annual photo. Of the 53 years we have 38 pics on the wall. All pics are on the right.)
6) Ellie appeared on Sesame Street. She, Elmo and Abby thanked clouds for raindrops, lakes, and the water we drink. Would you be thankful for a little rain this weekend? Nope. I don’t care about the lawn as long as it’s green. I do love the calm before the storm…
7) In 2011, the year “Lights” was a hit, Prince William married
Kate Middleton. Ellie not only attended the wedding, she sang Elton John’s “Your Song” for the couple’s first dance. Tell us a song that reminds you of a romance in your life. “Dawn” by the Four Seasons. I had a one night date with her. Shew was the woman who said as we sat down she said, “Dawn knows Bud has 4 kids. Would Bud have one more with Dawn?” So Dawn “go away I’m good for you” was appropriate.
8) Also in 2011, AT&T abandoned their attempt to buy T-Mobile. Which company is your cell phone carrier? Are you happy with them? Verizon. And other than the price they are great.
9) Random question: What recent experience made you feel old? I’m turning 69 on election day. My doctor started in on seniors and then stopped and said, “Bud I don’t think of you as a senior. You look & seem in your forties.” Oh, BTW way you need to buy me that gift. Only 11 days left to shop!
Thanks for stopping by. We will do this again. Hopefully tomorrow with Bev’s Stealing. Time will tell, but doesn’t always? Join us whenever we post again. Same time. Same blog.