Saturday 9: One Night Standards (2019)
Thanks to Gal for hosting this.
1) The video for this song takes place in a motel and the story is told from the point of view of the desk clerk. Have you ever worked in a hotel, motel, or bed-and-breakfast? I’d say yes.My dad owned and operated hotels till he retired. I did own one with him and operated another. It was after my first radio career, which I returned a decade later.
2) Ashley McBryde sings that she’s not Cinderella, a reference
to the fairy-tale heroine warned to return from the ball before midnight. When did you recently stay up until the wee small hours of the morning? I’m going to be 69 on election day. (VOTE) I really can’t remember. Perhaps it was before my second marriage when a group of us went on singles weekend.
3) Ashley had been working hard as a singer/songwriter for eleven years before she was discovered and proclaimed one of County’s best new artists. What was your life like 11 years ago? I was working selling liquor. I believe I was still seeing the Queen back in the day. History can repeat itself, but I’ll sell liquor or anything else. Oh. Maybe on eBay or Offer Up.
4) Ashley is from Mammoth Springs, AR. One of the most popular stops on Main Street — for locals and tourists alike — is Spring Dipper Ice Cream. More than 20 flavors are made right there on the premises, from Jamoca Almond Fudge to French Vanilla. When confronted with such a wide selection, do you tend to order your familiar favorite or try something new? Nope. Give me walk they here a black & white. Its vanilla ice cream with chocolate in what we call a “milk shake” but a lot of you know it as a frappe.
5) In 2007, she moved to Nashville to pursue a music career. Have you ever relocated for a job? I was hired as WBCN sales manager. BCN was in Boston. My second wife and I moved to Boston for it.
6) Whenever Ashley hears a Carpenters song, she thinks of her mother, who loved Karen Carpenter’s voice. Tell us a song that reminds you a loved one. Edwin McCain’s “I’ll Be” will remind me of the girlfriend I was with during the millennium passing. She was sweet & bright. We stayed friends. She passed at 65 in 2014.
7) In 2019, the year this song was recorded, Notre Dame Cathedral was damaged in a fire. Have you ever visited Paris? Nope. But ladies I am single again. If you’re planning a trip…
8) Also in 2019, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex (aka Harry and Meghan) had a baby boy. Is anyone in your life expecting a baby? I don’t think so. My brother’s kids are having their kids now. He father to four and the oldest two have two kids a peace. I have only one child with a possibility of having another.
9) Random question: Do you always want to hear the truth about yourself? Always. I have changed stuff on Sat-9 & Stealing and I have been asked to take stuff off their sites. They were right. Those sites should managed by the authors. So yes, I can handle the truth. It is also why we are done with Monday Madness. If you’re down to four players in week 4, and you are trending down, it’s time to stop.
Hope you are having a sparkling weekend. We should see you for Stealing tomorrow. Same time. Same blog.