I See Love (2010)
1) This is the theme from Mike and Molly, a TV show that ran from 2010 to 2016. Were you a fan? No. I tried, but he just doesn’t work for me. But, I don’t work for him either. So it’s fair, well sorta.
2) Molly was played by Melissa McCarthy. Today she’s one of Hollywood’s best-paid actresses, but when she began her career, she was barely scraping by. She recently recalled the time when, as a struggling actress, she was rejected at the ATM because it only gave out $20s and she didn’t have even that much in her checking account. How often do you visit the ATM? Several times a week? Several times a month? Never? Very seldom. Who uses money now? 80 somethings. Watching them take out money makes you want to commit Harri Kari. The only thing worse is if they pay by check. Nope, don’t consider starting to fill it out. Wait till the fucking cashier makes you from your trance to get it out.
3) When she was broke, Melissa couldn’t afford blueberries and
avocados. Now she savors them. When you’re a few bucks ahead, what do you splurge on? Lobster. Bill always made seafood dinners when he visited. I miss him.
4) Mike was played by Billy Gardell. He was working at a comedy club, cleaning the bathrooms and answering the phone. He used to crack jokes with other employees and finally one of his coworkers dared him to go onstage on “open mic night.” A comedy career was born. Tell us about someone who pushed you to make the right move. When I recovered from a 1+ year of a staph infection, my brother pushed to get me a sales job at his company. I spent 14 years there.
5) On the show, Mike’s best friend was his fellow officer, Carl McMillan. Carl was not especially motivated and still lived with his grandmother, well into his 30s. How old were you when you moved out of the house for good? 21.
6) Mike’s and Molly’s mothers are different as night and day and frequently did not get along. Have you ever had in-law trouble? Nothing above the infraction/ticket stuff. Well
7) This week’s song was written by Keb Mo. He switches among several different guitars when he works — electric, acoustic and resonator. Can you play guitar? No. I always wanted to, but now it doesn’t matter. And since my singing is fuckin’ suspect it is prpbably just as well.
8) In 2010, when this show premiered, Apple introduced the iPad. Do you use a tablet? Nope. I had an iPad from work for years, but I prefer a mimi laptop.
9) This week’s random question gives you an opportunity to brag: What’s something you do better than most people? Music because I’m not pigeon holed. I like rock from the 50s to today. Most people listen to the same music they heard in their teen & early twenties.
Well we didn’t do our meme challenge last week all the way through. I had a stress test & an echo yesterday. I was worried about it. It’s horrible day and no I do not have the results. But if it were bad I would have been sent to a hospital. And yes I am considering to authoring a new meme. Your opinion Monday or Friday? I am planning on doing it as a joint venture. At one time I wrote 5 memes a week. Saturday 9, Sunday Stealing, Thursday Thunks (and Thursday Dating Profiles which might return as well) Wednesday Wickedness & Rock ‘N’ Roll Fridays. That’s why I burnt out. But with Stealing and Sat-9 in good hands, it may happen. In the meantime, we will return. Same blog. Same time.