Monday Meme: 20 questions
Since Gal had no suggestions for Mondays, I decided to pick a random one. It died in 2013, but it serves the purpose. Let’s do it!
1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought? (In my best Fonzie voice, “Aaaa”
2. What shirt are you wearing? It’s a “Black Lives Matter” tee. I know you wanted me to say my WTIT thong, but not today.
3. Do you label yourself? Yep. I am an a total an unapologetic progressive. I’ve learn to ignore politics on social media. There’s too much fucking arguing.
4. What does your watch look like? I have no watch or any jewelry… I wore a wedding ring for my first two marriages, but in my third it fell off too much after I lost 60 lbs.
5. What were you doing at midnight last night? Snoring. Although if there’s no one to hear it, is it really a snore? I knew I should have asked the French twins over!
6. Last furry thing you touched? A tribble at the Star Trek full sets in upper state NY. They were purring. I miss going there. Perhaps someday again.
7. Favorite age you have been so far? 40. I was newly single for the first time since collage. Women stared at me back then when I hit a bar. Now women ask me if I’m over 65 to see if I get the senior discount. I don’t mind. I don’t want to be like my who had his hair dyed since he was 55. It looked great until he hit 70. Then he looked ridiculous. I use to dye my hair. But now? Nope. My dad tried to keep his age a secret at clubs. One day my dad asked me (we clubbed at piano bars) to stop mentioning my grandchildren. I asked why. He stated that he didn’t want it to get out that he was a great-grandfather. I just burst out laughing. Natural I told him to stop the fucking nonsense.
8. What is your current desktop picture? It’s a pic from our 50th anniversary party for WTIT in 2017.I didn’t we’d still be recording in college. It is amazing to me that guys still come every month. We do have a blast. Just me and the radio station that no one can hear without being in the studio.
9. If you had to choose between $1,000,000 or to be able to fly what
would it be? Cash. Where would I fly to? Krypton? Holy molly Jodie!
10. The last song you listened to? Music is on here 24/7. The playlist is 16K songs. I worked hard to fill out all the info on the iTunes player. It includes: Name of artist. Name of song. Album the song is on, genre, author & year. It took years until I finished it all. Right now the Isley Brothers are singing Twist & Shout.
11. What time of day were you born? Around 1 AM on a Saturday. The first thing was hit on the nurse.
12. Where did you live in 1987? In my hometown West Hartford, CT. We owned a colonial 4 bedroom home. After my first divorce, I moved to another town. I knew everyone in West Hartford. I got sick of folks asking me “what happened”. They considered us the “June & Ward of the town. I would never leave there again. Although since I am in the town directly north of West Hartford, it’s almost like being home. My favorite supermarket is there and it’s just 2 miles to get there.
13. What do you do when vending machines steal your money? Move on. Getting pissed off will never help any situation.
14. Would you move for the person you loved? He moved for me so I guess I don’t have to but, yes, I think I would.
15. Name three things that you have on you at all times? Cell, wallet, iPhone, keys my glasses. That’s easier now since I finally had to get a pair for distance as well as readers to read print. I had 20/15 vision until my 40th birthday. Then it was readers, but now? It’s on with glasses all the time. I have bifocals now but have order another pair that with single glass for both purposes. 😉
16. What’s your favorite town/city? Let’s see if I can put them in order: Boston, Chicago, Atlanta, Los Vegas, New York & San Diego. Oh I like London as well…
17. What was the last thing you paid for with cash? When Subway brought back my old fave (from 15 years ago) BBQ rib sandwich. It’s not ribs, just pork compacted. But I love it & they are only $5 during their promotion period. It tastes like McDonald’s McRib but better for one main reason. You can order what you want on it as the McRib comes with just sauce & onions.
18. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper and mailed it? I think it was 1988 when UConn won the NIT tourney. The time was when digital photography just came up. I bought a tee, had the photo shop take a picture of the front page of the sports section. I mailed a letter to Coach Calhoun and gave him one of the tees. He wrote a wonderful letter back and gave me a 500 page media guide. This was way before members of the public could buy them. I met Jim Calhoun several time. My dad was a captain when he played at UConn. So my bro & I are really into it. When we started in the 70s they sucked. We literally in those days drove throughout New England to see them. Not a lot of TV games back then. But after they hired Jim Calhoun and he won 3 National Championships and two years after retire the next coach won one with Calhoun’s player. During that span that particular team won it in all in 2011 & the freshmen won one again their senior year in 2014. That was UConn’s fourth. Then that coach sucked, the league UConn was in made no sense. Now they have another great coach in Danny Hurley. Then they got back into The Big East. Things are looking WAY up.
19. The last time you dressed fancy, what did you wear? The tux I bought for my third wedding. The year was 2012. I did think we would ride off into the sunset, but it was not to be. We were separated in 2015 as well, but got back together. We were never the same. So when she exited again I knew we were toast. I was devastated then. Now, six months later, I am so glad it happened. I won’t marry again, but I hope to live with someone again.
20. Does anything hurt on your body right now? Always. The psychotic nerve pain runs down both legs. I also have nephropathy in my feet and they hurt. But I am luck. I am given pain med for help.
This meme I can’t imagine anyone reading this. But I will start doing the one Gal picks out starting tomorrow. We hope that will help us on this here Tape Radio blog. Till then – join us. Same time. Same blog.