1) This song, originally recorded by The Who, was the theme of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, which ran from 2000 to 2015. Did you watch it? Were you a fan? Maybe an episode or two. I found it too dry. I prefer show where the characters home life is shown and with a bit of humor. Like NCIS or NYPD Blue.
2) When the show premiered, Gil Grissom (William Petersen) was the CSI team’s supervisor. Gil’s mother was deaf, and so he was fluent in American Sign Language. Can you communicate using ASL? I can do the letters. I owned a house that butted on the American School for the Deaf. They played football against a town team I was on when I was 11. After the game I said to my dad, Have you heard that school’s cheerleaders? I told him they said, “Give me A Give me an S, Give me a D. What’s it spell (crown) ADS! I can’t hear you! (crowd) Wonder why?
3) His assistant is blood-splatter analyst Catherine Willows (Marg Helgenberger). Catherine’s family moved often, which made it hard for her to get traction in her studies. She finally just dropped out of high school. She later got her GED, and even graduated from college. Have you ever considered going back to school? I did substitute for teachers around 2003. I loved it. But because of the cost of getting certified I moved on to a marketing job for a Fortune 500 company.
4) Though set in Las Vegas, most of CSI was filmed in Santa Clarita, CA. Santa Clarita is also home to Six Flags Magic Mountain amusement park. Do you enjoy roller coasters? Not at all. I got used them when I was raising my kids. My daughter Heather didn’t know until she was an adult how much I hated them. She read it on this here tape radio blog. On Father’s Day she told the story in her blog. She wrote that she loved me even more for that.
5) The vocalist on the CSI theme, Roger Daltry of the Who, made a cameo appearance on the show during season. Do you have a favorite Who song? My Generation.
6) CSI became a franchise, followed by CSI: Miami and CSI: New York. If we could organize a Saturday 9 field trip, which of these CSI cities would you prefer we visit: Las Vegas, Miami or New York? Lost Wages. You cannot have a bad time there.
7) In 2000, the last original Peanuts comic strip was published. How many Peanuts characters can you name? Sneezy, Bashful, Sleepy, Happy, Grumpy, Doc & Dopey.
8) Also in 2000, media giant Time Warner merged with America Online, the email provider. It’s estimated that 74% of us check our email at least once/day. Are you one of the 74%?Are you serious? This was a great question. But I am sneaking off to do the last question…
9) Random question — Did you more recently cut and paste, or delete? All the time. At least daily.
I am currently looking for “lost comedy” that is on my tapes but not on the comedy playlist. In a day I’ve found 6. I’m just starting. I hope you have a sparking great day. We shall return. Right here. Same time. Same blog.