1) The Cowsills were a family band who had three hit singles. Can you name another group of popular singing siblings? Everly Brothers, Collective Soul, Oasis, 30 Seconds to Mars, The Cowsils, AC/DC, The Black Crows, The Chamber Brothers, CCR, Kinks, My Chemical Romance, Neville Brothers, Paramore, Toto… I’ll stop here.
2) This was their first hit, and it reached #2 on the Billboard charts. It was kept out of the #1 slot by the Monkees and “Daydream Believer.” What’s your favorite Monkees song? Valari.
3) After seeing the Cowsill brothers perform with their mother and sister, TV producers were inspired to create the sitcom, The Partridge Family. Did you ever watch it? A couple of times. I was already into rock bands so pop bands turned me off. 1967? The Cream. Jefferson Airplane. The Beatles, The Who, The Doors. Cowsils? Nope.
4) In the song, the narrator takes a flower from a girl in the park. Are there flowers in your home right now? Nope.
5) He isn’t sure if the girl was real, or if he dreamed her. Tell us about a recent dream you had. The French Twins were going to a movie and we ran into another set of twins. I said wanna skip the movie? They said yes.
6) At the height of the Cowsills’ popularity, they were hired by the American Dairy Association to promote drinking milk. If we were to peek into your refrigerator right now, would we find any milk? Nope.
7) After the band stopped performing together, John Cowsill went on to become a back up musician for the Beach Boys. His job has kept him on the road much of the time. When you travel, do you enjoy staying in hotels, or would you rather stay with friends/family? Hotels by a lot. I am too fucking old to sleep where I am on anyone’s schedule.
8) In 1967, the year this song was popular, Elvis married Priscilla in Las Vegas. Have you attended any weddings yet this year? Are there any weddings in your future? Nope. And may add there will never be a wedding that I’m ever in. Let’s face it, when it fails a third time, you might not be good at it. But I’d love to have the right person live with me. Maybe there’s a Queen in my future, past & present.
9) Random question: Are the bottoms of your feet ticklish? Nope.
Have a sparkling day. Wear your mask. Social distance. Until there’s a vaccine, we have the worst time yet to come. Don’t be fooled by re-openings. This has been managed by a brat (Trump) and he’s doing his first rally Friday. If you go you have to sign a waiver if you get Covid 19 you can’t sue Trump. Holy shit! I hope you very well! Join us again. Same time. Same blog.