1) This is from the movie Gentlemen Prefer Blondes. Have you seen it? Yes. I was invited to annual Gentlemen Prefer Blondes yearly convention. I know your asking why. It because they have a naked Marilyn contest. Women from all over the country compete. What a night we had that time! I promised not to name names.
2) The lyrics tell us that, when love goes wrong, “a match won’t light.” When did you most recently light a match? 1997 a Strip Club. It was to let the girls know that I tip.
3) The duet is performed at a French sidewalk cafe, where Jane Russell and Marilyn Monroe are (literally) sharing a cup of coffee. With whom did you most recently have coffee? Sorry. not my vice.
4) The tune was written by prolific composer Hoagy Carmichael. He was influenced by his mother, who earned extra money for the family playing piano during silent movies. Who in your life influenced your career choices? I’m retired except for being the GM at WTIT.
5) Jane and Marilyn shared something beyond movie stardom. They were both married to Hall of Famers. Marilyn Monroe was married to Joe DiMaggio, who was inducted into the baseball Hall of Fame in 1955. Jane was married to quarterback Bob Waterfield, inducted into the football Hall of Fame in 1965. Which sport would you rather watch: baseball or football? Football by a lot. Baseball should eliminate batters stepping out of the box. It was so much faster years ago as I grew up. As a Pats fan, we have had a decent run.
6) Jane and Bob Waterfield were high school sweethearts at Van Nuys High. The Southern California school was used as a set for the 1982 movie, Fast Times at Ridgemont High. Tell us something about your high school. It was all boys. Glad they changed that. It was an awful two years that I won’t back.
7) Marilyn and Joe DiMaggio met on a blind date at a Hollywood restaurant called Villa Nova. Have you ever arranged a blind date? If so, did the couple hit it off and end up dating? Only to get naked. Then we stopped. Don’t fret, every woman say they never do it. I guess that makes them feel better. In my experience almost every slept with me. What are the odds?
8) In 1953, when Gentlemen Prefer Blondes was released, a tornado did severe damage to Waco, TX. Tell us about a major weather event that you endured (tornado, hurricane, flood, blizzard, heat wave, etc.). When I was still working one of my stores got hit. No damage to the store but every car in the lot had damage. We never have a tornado. But we did that day.
9) Random question: You see a filthy puddle. Floating on top are cigarette butts, a leaf, and a $1 bill. Would you bend over and rescue the dollar? Nope.
We will return. Say “HI” to The Queen of Memes. if you see her. Or even if you don’t. If I see her I will net you know. Come back, Same time. Same blog.