Thanks to The Gal for authoring this meme. Click on the Sat-9 title of song on the next line below to play.
1) Next Wednesday is April Fool’s Day. Do you have any pranks planned? Do you expect to fall victim to any April Fool’s Day mischief? Yes! Every year my virtual dog “Happy” pranks me. I try to get him to stop but he just love April Fools Day.
2) When she was a kid, Crazy Sam would fool her mom by putting bubble wrap under the bath map so there would be a POP! when her mother stepped on it. When you encounter bubble wrap, do you always indulge in a pop or two? Oh yes. I jump up & smash all those bubbles. Then my neighbor yells that was about time I got a gun. He starts shooting his guns off. Although the casualties are general bad since he’s also blind.
3) While we’re using this song to celebrate April Fool’s Day, it was written about another subject entirely: heartbreak. The lyrics tell us that at some point, we each get our hearts broken by someone who doesn’t love us as much as we love them. Do you think that’s true? Relationships are complicated. Everyone has someone we’ve not over. Although even though I will end up divorced for the third time, it was not a love issue. But since I found out why she left by watching her fucking makeup show.
4) In 1962, this week’s featured Connie Francis published a book aimed at teens called For Every Young Heart. It addressed topics like going steady and schoolwork vs. social life. Do you ever read advice columns or self-help books? I read “Ask Amy” daily. I’ve read her after Ann Landers retired.
5) Connie Francis can play the accordion. Sam has never met anyone adept at this complicated instrument — not even in her high school band. What about you? Do you play the accordion, or do you know anyone who can? Yes. They are called “Polka Bands”. If there are genres more obnoxious I’ve yet to hear it.
6) In 1960, when this record was popular, Harper Lee’s classic To Kill a Mockingbird was published. Have you read it? No. I saw the fuckin’ film if that helps.
7) Also in 1960, one of Life magazine’s best-selling issues had Sophia Loren on the cover. At that time, she was an international film star and considered one of the world’s most beautiful women. Who do you consider one of 2020’s most beautiful women? The Queen.
8) A 1960 issue of Vogue acknowledged how expensive it had become to maintain a fashionable wardrobe and asked, “If you were to buy only one thing, what would it be?” If it’s good enough for Vogue, it’s good enough for Saturday 9: If you could purchase only one new article of clothing for spring 2020, what would you buy? A WTIT Thong. It is both practical and stylish.
9) Random question: When someone makes you really angry, are you more likely to respond with stony silence or a big noise? When I was younger I would do the noise thing. Now? I haven’t the time to fix anyone but me.
This whole period is so strange. I gotta get some groceries today. But I’ve got my hand sanitizer and such. Since I live alone this is SO boring. But two people check in: Harvey Wallbanger and the Queen. My oldest son, Ben I both hear from a couple of times a week. He’s been helping me navigate my 401K & retirement. I know nothing about Wall Street. But I watch MSNBC a lot. The first day whens the Dow lost 880+ points, I called Ben. I asked him to get me out. He did and I asked how much I lost. He said less than 5%. Had I waited it would be about 30%. I was both smart & lucky. Call me if you get bored. Meanwhile, we will return. Same time. Same blog.