Thanks to The Gal for authoring this meme. Click on the Sat-9 title of song on the next line below to play.
1) The action begins when a letter falls out of the pocket of a brown overcoat. What color is your coat? This is a bit weird. Does everyone have just 1 coat? I’ll say “blue” to move it along.
2) The lyrics ask if it “kinda strikes you sad when you hear our song.” We don’t want to be sad this Saturday, so we’re asking what song makes you happy. Watching a beautiful woman put her knee pads on.
3) Right before this song hit the charts, Donna Summer hit the cover of Newsweek. Are there any magazines in your home now? If yes, who is on the cover? Miss March.
4) Donna wrote the lyrics to this song, while producer Giorgio Moroder wrote the tune. Moroder is known as “the father of disco.” Is disco a genre you enjoy? I was a disco dj for years. What no one knew was that I hated the music.
5) This song got additional airplay throughout the 1980s because the game show The Price Is Right played it every time a contestant won a stereo. Today, the most popular audio equipment sold at Best Buy is a sound bar to improve the quality of TV audio. Have you added a sound bar or sound system to your TV? I went old school. I bought a high end TV amplifier and connected 6 Advent speakers for an unbelievable sound. It was expensive but I’ll have them forever.
6) Moroder has won two Academy Awards for Best Song. The first was for “Flashdance … What a Feeling” from Flashdance and the second was for “Take My Breath Away” from Top Gun. Do you have a favorite movie soundtrack? Yes. Notting Hill.
7) He grew up in Ortsei, Italy. Located in Northern Italy, the Ortsei economy is fueled by tourists who ski in winter, hike in summer and shop for woodcarvings all year around. Do out-of-towners find their way to your hometown more often in summer or winter? I’ve only been here since September so I can not answer this. I love seeing Patrick Stewart playing Picard again…It has not a thing to do the question. Sue me.
8) Kourtney Kardashian was born in 1979, the year this record was a hit. Keeping Up with the Kardashians has been on since 2007. Have you ever seen it? I would not watch that show at gun point. So, I’ve never seen a minute of it.
9) Random question — When getting dressed in the morning, what’s the second item of clothing you put on? My WTIT thong.
I’m so late this party today. We recorded last night with our regular four, and Midnight came. We had seen him since our 50th in 2017. We had a blast! I’m very hungover today. Join us next time. Same time. Same blog.