Thanks to The Gal for authoring this meme. Click on the Sat-9 title of song on the next line below to play.
1) The lyrics extol the beauty of “rings and things and buttons and bows.” When you’re getting dressed, do you give much thought to accessorizing? Off and running with a question that is sexist. And yes I’m guessing you know some drag queen or other, blah blah. So go ask him. I don’t wear jewelry.
2) Dinah Shore sings that she doesn’t want to live where the cactus hurts her toes. Sam can sympathize, as she has a blister on one of her toes from where her winter boots rub. Do you have any aches and pains to report this morning? Always. We are still trying get me off the oxicotin. I was on 40mg twice a day. We’ve lowered it to 15mg X2. My doc wants me now to do 15 morning at 10. She is being very careful. I asked to up the antidepressant and she did. I am not depressed that she left. She had to. We were not working. But being retired it is a bit lonely. She sent me an email that she missed talking to me. How big an ass do you need to be? Not “I miss you” but misses talking. That sums it up. I did not respond at all.
3) Dinah was such a popular entertainer that people were surprised to learn she earned a degree in sociology from Vanderbilt University. What is something we’d be surprised to know about you? Have I told you about my neighbor’s husband? He was suppose to midnight. It gave his wife a quality night. So he comes home and he’s pissed as hell that we naked. I told him we were checking for cancerous moles. He apologized and offered me a beer. He should have called first.
4) Dinah’s was the best selling version of this song, which was introduced by Bob Hope in the movie The Paleface. Hope had success early in his career as a song-and-dance man on Broadway. Are you better at telling jokes, singing or dancing? I’ll go with jokes.
5) Both Bob and Dinah donated their time to entertaining the troops in WWII. It was during a USO tour that Dinah met and fell in love with actor George Montgomery, who was serving in the Air Force. They were married for 20 years and had two children. Their daughter followed her parents into show business and became an actress. If a young person asked you for career advice, what would you tell them? Do something you love an DO NOT marry young. Get your career established.
6) Dinah was an avid golfer and even sponsored an LPGA tournament. She was also an excellent cook who hosted TV cooking segments. Which would you find more relaxing — an afternoon on the golf course or in the kitchen? I used to golf, but I haven’t in years due to my back. I like cooking (very) simple things. But I’m not thrilled with it. Sam, I’m gonna pass on this one.
7) In 1948, the year this record was a hit, Scrabble was introduced. Do you prefer word games, card games, board games or jigsaw puzzles? Word or board. The only board games that I’ve played in the last decade was Beatles Monopoly and Game of Thrown’s Monopoly. One each. I got The Beatles one and Kathy left with the other.
8) Also in 1948, LPs (33 1/3 rpm records) were introduced. Do you have any vinyl records in your home? Around 2,000. If any of you want to give me yours let me know.
9) Random question — Which of these would you consider the greatest insult: to be called boring, untrustworthy or stupid? This is a “where should I stab you” question. I just don’t know. Or care.
Hope to see you tomorrow. Same time. Same blog.