Thanks to The Gal for authoring this meme. Click on the Sat-9 title of song on the next line below to play.
1) The lyrics talk about a song that’s so romantic it “turns out the lights.” Are the lights on in the room you’re in right now? Just because I wanna see what I’m doing & because those French twins are visiting.
2) In the video, our heroine’s Valentine’s Day adventure begins with a note slipped into her pocket. What’s in your pocket right now? Not a gun, I’m just happy to see you.
3) This week’s band, We the Kings, are proud sons of the state of Florida. Bradenton, to be exact. They even called one of their CDs Sunshine State of Mind. Have you ever been to Florida? If so, where have you visited? When I was 12 my mother took us on a cruise to the Bahamas. Obviously we left from Miami. We did stay in Florida for almost a week before we cruised. The highlight? My mom brought no sunscreen. We had 3rd degree burns. My brother was 9 and sister was 6. So I’ve never returned. Wonder why?
4) Lead singer Travis Clark has a pierced lip but doesn’t always wear a lip ring. Do you have any piercings? If yes, are you wearing jewelry in your piercing(s) right now? I don’t do jewelry. I wore wedding rings in my first two marriages. And I did wear one in this now fucked up situation. I lost 40 pounds now that I’m retired. My doc was scared so she ran every conceivable test on me. Turns out that I don’t do fast food other than an Egg McMuffin. I do fruit and cook lunch 6 days a week. I lost it from eating healthier. Who the fuck knew that? Oh, I stopped wearing it because of the weight loss it kept falling off.
5) The band’s name comes from a cheer they did when they attended Martha B. King High School. Have you attended your high school reunion? I recently post a pick from my 50th. We had six guys (including me) who recorded on WTIT. They weren’t Howard Stern wannabees. I did not join this male only school wanting to be there. My mom like the prestige. Period. The guys were great but the school was WAY too tough for me. In college I maid the dean’s list. Here is the pick of us: From left: Bull Durham, me before I recently cut my hair, Carter B & Teddy Q.
6) Hearts are the symbol of Valentine’s Day, so here’s a little heart trivia: whales have largest heart of any animal. When we say a person is “big hearted,” it means we think of them as generous. Think about the people in your life. Who would you describe as big hearted? I am lucky. My brother, my sister and my oldest son, Ben. But all four of kids now are raising theirs. I recently found out an 8th grandchild is on it’s way.
7) It’s estimated that 9 million people buy Valentine’s Day presents for their dogs and cats. Have you ever purchased a holiday gift for a pet? BWAHAHAHA!
8) Valentines to teachers are also big sellers. Did you ever have a crush on one of your instructors? In 8th grade with Miss Walsh. We flirted. But her when her husband walked into our “tutoring session” he did not expect her head in my lap. The guy was such a jerk about it. I mean what’s a quick bj between friends?
9) With the popularity of e-cards, fewer Valentine messages are sent via the USPS. What’s the most recent thing you dropped into a mailbox? I sent an updated will to my son before we moved. Now I have to do it over again. I actual did that the Legal Zoom will and made simple changes like taking Kathy out of it.
Was it good for you? We will try to better the next time. Here on the Tape Radio blog. Same time. Same blog.