Thanks to The Gal for authoring this meme. Click on the Sat-9 title of song on the next line below to play.
1) This week’s Saturday 9 has a football theme because there’s a big game Sunday. Will you be watching? Yes. It’s odd as a Pats fan, not being there. I know it’s better for the game.
2) The Super Bowl is a big day for food consumption in the US, second only to Thanksgiving. What’s on your menu this weekend? My soon to ex is moving out. I’ll eat whatever she leaves me. But on the bright side, The French twins return to the blog.
3) The NFL has decreed that the Super Bowl will never be played in a city that has a median February temperature of less than 50º. Would your hometown qualify for the Big Game? In New England, hardly. It’s less than 50 till May.
4) This version of the NFL theme song mentions the Steelers and the Broncos. During the regular season, which team do you root for? How did they do in 2019? I wish I saw this shit coming. Did I mention the Pats?
5) This version of the Sunday Night Football song is by Faith Hill. She also has ties to the MLB, since her husband is Tim McGraw, son of the Mets’ pitcher Tug McGraw. Which sport do you prefer — baseball or football? This is tough, but football. If my baseball team is not in the playoffs, I don’t watch. Football? I enjoy watching games even without a rooting interest.
6) Faith has performed live at more than one The Super Bowl in the past, performing both “America, the Beautiful” and “The Star Spangled Banner.” What’s your favorite patriotic song? “This Land is Your Land”. It should be our anthem. Woody wrote a song that’s much easier much than the war tone that we sing now.
7) She has a perfume line with Coty that was a big seller at CVS during Christmas 2018. What’s the last item you bought at a drugstore? Drugs. Imagine that.
8) Faith Hill is the producer of a talk show on CMT called Pickler and Ben. Is the TV on as you answer these questions? If so, what are you watching? I do this to tunes. I’m listening to My Chemical Romance. They are a rock band from the 00s. After a decade apart they are going to tour. They said they are “aging millennial’s fave band”. Aging millennial seems an oxymoron. But most of them are just regular morons. Except my grandkids. The oldest sets off to college next year. Ugh.
9) Random question: You’ve got a chip in your hand and three dips to choose from — guacamole, salsa, and onion. Where does your chip get dipped? This sounds like one of my questions. Apparently if I want my chips dipped again, it will be with a different dip. My soon to be ex is packing upstairs. Fortunately we were always better at the “friends” part than the rest.
My biggest mistake was getting back together with my wife after a five month separation in 2016. That was devastating, when she left then. This time, not-so-much. We never solved our problems. We did a year of marriage counseling back then. It solved nothing. I’m living in a great place in everyday. I’ll be happy after she’s out. Although she did my me a great seafood dinner this week. Oh and I did a smart thing. I had a doctor appointment this week with my PC doc about my neck operation. I asked for depression meds prophetically. I’ve used them only twice before after my last two marriages ended. I’m not depressed, but who knows? I went out with a Bouncing Billy last week. (as I typed this he called to ask me to watch the Superbowl with him. I said yes.) We saw his son and met his new GF. He asked me how I was. I replied, “I had my 12th spine surgery on New Year’s Eve. My wife is moving out. What’s new with you?” He was laughing hard until it dawned on him that I was serious. He suddenly stopped and asked how I was doing. I told him if I was down I would not have told him like that. Okay, enough about me. How are you? We will be back. Same time. Same blog.