To join in click here.
Cheers to all of us thieves!
1. Have you ever known anyone that’s been on tv, including you? I worked about 25 years in radio and one in TV. The cable company I worked produced a lot of TV commercials and I appeared or did voiceovers a lot.
2. What do you find yourself buying all the time? Until recently it was Advent speakers. In the 70s they were THE brand. I hated my surround sound on my HDTV. I decided to junk the speakers and bought six advent speakers. I also bought the best speakers I have ever heard into my radio studio, top of the line Advents. These were bought from a guy who had just refinished the wood on the speakers. Inside, he has a friend who works for Metallica who refurbished the inside. I feel like the songs are being sung in the room.
3. When was the last time you got a real letter in the mail? 1968.
4. Have you ever lived in a house/apartment that has been broken into? Nope. The apartment we left was in a section of town with a lot of break ins. Bouncing Billy (A WTIT DJ) was a cop in my new house’s town for 30 years. He said they we never called to where I live. I sure liked to hear that.
5. Did you walk to school with your friends? Take a school bus? Ever have someone carry your books home from school? Yes to all.
6. Do you like pumpkin seeds? Do you carve the pumpkin and roast the seeds? Do you buy packaged, prepared pumpkin seeds? Kathy does the pumpkins. When I was working I ate the seeds a lot as I drove. I also had a lot of Slim Jims. I haven’t had one since retiring.
7. Does your car or did a family car have a name? The only car name I had was in high school. Everyone called it The Budmobile.
8. The first week of October was National Mystery Series Week. Do you sleuth alongside Nancy Drew or Miss Marple? Fan of Nero Wolfe? I like Dateline for all those reasons. No Drew or Marple. I read Agatha Christie in my 20s.
9. Have you ever spent ages writing something on your computer when it suddenly crashed and you lost it all? Of course. But now it’s easy to back up and usually when they go you can recover a lot.
10. Are you one of those people who can sleep through anything? No. My last place had sirens all night long. Here on the first night I asked Kathy if she could “Hear that”. She stated that she heard nothing. I said “Isn’t this perfect?”
11. What type or kind of art do you like? And do you draw or paint yourself? I don’t know much about art, but I know what I like.
12. If you went to London, where would you go first? I’ve been. It was my first wedding Honeymoon. I touristed everything. I would got the the country side.
13 a candle for Johnnie who died that year. What is one quote that you love to quote? “No problem is too big, too complex or too complicate that it can’t be run away from”. Charles Schultz wrote it and I used it in my sign offs from the start of WTIT and on every radio station the I worked for.
14. Do you ever at times see the world in black and white? No. Just in movies.
15. Do you believe there is life somewhere else in the universe? Yes. It’s too vast not too. But how far away or whether we’d get that far in space, I doubt it.
I don”t usually suffer depression. Last week it was so bad I was gonna go to the doc’s. But I was out of some meds for the week and yesterday I got them. An hour later I was 100% loving life. It was not an opioid, it was a nerve drug for my back. I am on a opioid for my back. Fortunately I started with 40MG twice a day. Wanted to lower it I went to 30 MG. Then 20, now 15MG. I’m in a bit more pain but he gives me some oxicodone when it gets bad. I am going to a high school reunion next week. I only attended one year. The school I graduated from had its reunion a couple of months ago and I posted a pic from it. This one is for two public schools together. We are going to see if we can make some couple friends now that we live five miles from West Hartford where I grew up. We’ve scheduled our next recording session to the last Friday of this month. Our house is really coming together. We only bought two expensive item, two recliners for the den that’s outside my studio. Our new “show openers” have arrived from Radio Jingles Inc. They charged me $12. for 12 announcer bits. Hope all is well. We will return. Same time, same blog. Peace & love.