Thanks to The Gal for authoring this meme. Click on the Sat-9 title of song on the next line below to play.
1) This week’s Saturday 9 has a football theme because there’s a big game Sunday. Will you be watching? Of course. I became at Pats since I went to college (1969-1973). While it was easy to drop the Football Giants, in baseball, I became a Yankee fan in 1958. That never changed. So yes, I will be watching.
2) The Super Bowl is the second-largest day for food consumption in the US, second only to Thanksgiving. What’s on your menu this weekend? Smirnoff.
3) Super Bowl Sunday is the #1 day for consuming guacamole. When did you most recently eat something with avocado in it? Not at gunpoint…
4) The Pro Football Hall of Fame is in Canton, OH. Have you ever visited Canton, or any other city in Ohio? My BFF Harvey is from Canton, CT. My son Ben & his family live in Canton, MA. Does that count at all?
5) This song mentions different moves that football players — and, it seems, girlfriends — can make that will result in penalties. What’s the last rule you broke? What were the consequences? Kathy and I have a lousy garbages retaines and the landlord won’t buy new ones. We realized a dumpster boarders or side backyard and they leve the dumpster open. Voila, broke rules, but a perfect solution.
6) In 1969, the year this song was popular, the Colts lost to the New York Jets in Super Bowl III. The game is famous because of all the hype leading up to it, including Joe Namath “guaranteeing” his underdog Jets would win. Tell us about a time when you felt like an underdog. I spent fourteen years selling liquor. Because I was the president of sales brother meant I should be seen, not heard. I wish I had been able to return to radio after my staph infection from 2002-2004. But I grabbed the higher paying gig. But, I wasn’t popular, so I was an underdog. And I stayed one until my retirement in 2017.
7) This week’s featured duo, Mel and Tim, are cousins from Mississippi. Tell us about one of your cousins. I received a call that my cousin Pam was dying. While I like he, I don’t know her well. Well it’s been three weeks, so the dying thing appears to be relative. Pun intended.
8) The song is about a man who catches his girl cheating and he just won’t put up with it. In romance, do you find it easy to forgive and forget? Not for that. I would leave cheating woman, no “forgive or forget”.
9) Random question: You’ve collected a box of gently-used items to donate to a second hand store. What would it be most likely to contain: clothes, housewares, or books/video/music? Clothes. My wife gives away a lot, so when I have something to go (I weighed 205 forever. Since my retirement I have lost over 30 lbs, but I wasn’t dieting. I thinks it because I eat healthier. I used to eat lunch at fast food every day. Today I eat home and even have learned to cook some.
Every time I try to get away I always get pulled back. But, I like it. We survived January. Only ten more months till spring. We will do this again. Same time. Same blog.