Thanks to The Gal for authoring this meme. Click on the Sat-9 title of song on the next line below to play.
1) Bette Midler sings about the storm that’s raging outside. How’s the weather where you are today? It’s fucking 6 out there today. I am not leaving the house without portable heaters everywhere. And no, I don’t if the make battery operated heating units either. I don’t know if I’ve mentioned it, but occasionally my wife has me on her YouTube program for comic relief. This is the first video that I did for her by myself. Other than she filmed it, help write it and produced and directed it. It’s here.
2) She mentions her gloves. Tell us about your favorite pair of gloves or mittens. I love me my Klingon gloves. Other than those, they just have to keep me warm.
3) Does your home have a fireplace to keep you warm? No. The house we sold had a great one. It’s one of the few things that we miss. But I don’t miss paying for heat.
4) Bette’s father, Fred, supported his family as a house painter. Have you ever held a job that kept you outdoors a great deal of the time? Only in college. I worked for Park & Rec after my freshman & sophomore years. In my junior year I got my first radio job and left the Park Dept. without notice. They were cool about it…
5) Her mother, Ruth, was a talented seamstress. How about you? Can you sew on a button? Raise a hem? Darn a hole? Right. I’ll get some of my people on that.
6) 2017 was a big year for Bette. At the age of 72, she opened on Broadway in the revival of Hello, Dolly! and won a Tony. As we kick off 2018, what would you like to accomplish this year? There is that book I need to finish. And then there’s this guitar Kathy bought me that I’ve yet to tune…
7) Bette and her husband Martin have been married for nearly 34 years. Their
wedding was officiated by an Elvis impersonator. Are you looking forward to any weddings in 2018? None that I’m aware of. My nephew got married in NYC a few months back with the reception at a beautiful restaurant at Central Park. Our wedding was officiated by a witch. True was that.
8) Bette and Martin are very proud of their daughter, Sophie, now 30, who graduated from Yale in 2008. Do you expect to attend any graduation ceremonies in 2018? Nope. Those days are done. My oldest granddaughter (Lauren, 15) is in her freshman year in high school. Ask me in 3 years…
9) Random question: Yesterday, who did you spend the most time with? The only person I was with yesterday was me lady, me wife.
I hope you survived amateur night. I switched Sunday Stealing back to its old look. Let me know which you like better. We will return. Same time. Same blog.