Thanks to The Gal for authoring this meme. Click on the Sat-9 title of song on the next line below to play.
1) How well do you know “Silent Night?” Without looking up the lyrics, could you sing along with Elvis? Stay with me here, isn’t it hard to do a duet with a dead person difficult?
2) The Christmas with Elvis album hit the stores in October 1957. Were you already preparing for Christmas back in October? I feel the season is a bit long already. However, since we had our family Christmas party last weekend, there is a sense of deja vu as the marketing keeps advertising.
3) Clearly Elvis liked a flocked white Christmas tree. Is your tree flocked, aluminum or pine green? Real or artificial? Or do you skip the whole tree thing altogether? When I was single my youngest gave me a mini tree for my apartment. Every year she’d bring something more to put it on, add more mini-ornaments and the like. She is the child I am estranged from. It bothers me most on holidays. I’m lucky, I’m very close with my three other children, their five kids, the ones I call my “Perfect granddaughters”.
4) Back in the late 1950s, Elvis left his hair its natural brown color. In the 1960s he began having it dyed black. Do you have a salon appointment scheduled between now and year end? This must be a women thing. I never make appointments. My current salon employs a woman who started cutting my hair when I moved to Enfield in 2004. She left various incarnations of the salon, but left when two others opened their own salon bout 9 years ago. She was shocked that I drove from my current town to still use her. I will probably use someone local next time, but last time I was of to Manhattan for my nephew’s wedding. Not a time when you want to fuck around with someone new.
5) Have you ever peeked, looking for a Christmas gift you know is hidden for you somewhere in the house? Nope. Not even as a kid…
6) Which do you prefer, candy canes or gingerbread? Is there a third choice?
7) Is anyone receiving a home made or do-it-yourself gift from you this year? No. My wife never grew up. So she is perfect to pick out shit for the kids. My older two grandchildren always want gift cards now. We compromised. Half the gifts we picked out and the other half was money.
8) Do you wrap holiday gifts in paper, or do you take the gift bag route? We wrap. And by that I mean that my wife wraps everything. She is so excited about the whole season. We had been invited to my son’s for Christmas but he had to tell me that “they” decided to go visit his wife’s family. Years ago Kathy & I spent Christmas at one of Connecticut’s Casinos. We say Ronnie Specter for free and really enjoyed it. We are going to stop in to see my mom at the rest home on Christmas Eve. She is our only surviving parent. She’s sharp as a tack at 94. Other than the driving part, I enjoy our visits.
9) This time of year is big for charitable fundraising. Here’s your chance to plug a cause or organization that’s near and dear to you. Give to “Our Sisters of The Tiny Breasts”. Why should only rich woman get great breasts?
I know it’s been a long time. I’d love to say I’ve finished that book, but I have not. I don’t like having a disability, but I am happy that my career is done. I hope you have a great Xmas and a Happy New Year! I think these memes are in great hands! Peace & love.