Thanks to The Gal for authoring this meme. Click on the Sat-9 title of song on the next line below to play.
Unfamiliar with this week’s tune? Hear it here.
2) Loretta sings that when her husband picks up trash, he puts it in a garbage can. She’s being metaphorical, but we will be literal: If you spot litter on the sidewalk, do you pick it up or just walk on? I am usually good about picking it up. Unless of course, if I have a beautiful woman (say – like my lady, me wife there with me). If that’s the case then all bets are off.
3) She taught herself to play guitar. If you could learn something new in 2017, what would it be?
I’d like to play the guitar. Now there are problems with this theory. First, I have bought guitars for me kids, but I’ve never owned one for myself.
4) She broke her shoulder in a fall and surgery was required to repair it. When were you last in a hospital? Were you a patient or a visitor?
5) In the 1970s, Loretta Lynn was the first country singer to appear on the cover of Newsweek. Who is your favorite country singer? I’m not a country fan. I will go with Keith Urban, who I learned to love on American Idol. Oh and Carrie Underwood. I doubt that I’d have heard “The next time that he cheats it won’t be on me” unless I watched the show.
6) Rowan and Martin’s Laugh In premiered in 1968, when this song was popular. What’s the last TV show you watched? Did you watch it live, did you stream it, or catch it on DVR/Tivo?
I think that I streamed it when someone passed away.
In my own like it was either when my first wife (an alt-right conservative) hire a stripper for WTIT’s 20th anniversary in 1987. The “gag” started when said first wife and I went out to dinner with The Cosmic Commando and his wife , Dot. I joked about having a stripper for the party BUT I WAS KIDDING. As I would eventual say to first wife, “Do you think I went through all this trouble to have a stripper dictate our evening. My ex actually thought it was a “Balloon Strip-O-Gram”. I said, “Really?” The next day she asked to watch the video of the evening. I said, “This is not going to be pretty.” So my ex got to watch me wrestle for control of my own, well you get the idea.
8) 1968’s top-rated car was the Chevy Corvette. Could your car benefit from a trip to the car wash this morning? It’s winter in New England. Your best guess here – ?
9) Random question: You’re staying in a hotel and find you can faintly hear the couple in the next room. Would you ignore their voices, or try to hear them better? It would depend on what they were doing. I’m guessing “hear them better is the correct answer!
It was good to do Sat-9. We may return with Stealing. We may not. Stealing will be there but we have an open house tomorrow so we are off to Vermont! Keep your computer tuned. Same time. Same blog.