Thanks to The Gal for authoring this meme. Click on the Sat-9 title of song on the next line below to play.
Unfamiliar with this week’s tune? Hear it here.
1) This beloved carol takes its lyrics from a French poem. What else can we thank the French for? Fries. Yes, I know they didn’t invent them, Belgium did. But hey, should I have said “surrendering”?
2) How well do you know “O, Holy Night?” Without looking up the lyrics, could you sing along with Ella? Not with a gun pointed at me. I hate the fucking song. But then again, I place no value with the religious aspects of the holiday. I knew that at fourteen. So I prefer the non-secular songs. But it’s a personal thing. I respect everyone’s right to figure out spirituality in their own way.
3) In order to get this record into stores in time for Christmas 1967, Ella had to record this in late
July. So let’s reverse that. Now that it’s Christmastime, what do you miss most about summer? Donald Trump hadn’t yet been elected by the Russian government. I cannot rule out that he was aware of their aid. It’s a terrible situation. If the Electoral College does not call for the House of Representatives to pick our president then they are not aware of why the Electoral College exists.
4) Sam is crazy about the open toed pumps she’ll be wearing to holiday parties, but that means she needs to get a pedi. Will you be at a salon between now and year-end? Nope. Haircuts have gone the way of my shaving. I am driving my wife nuts.
5) Will you be consuming any egg nog this holiday season? And if you do, will it be spiked? If I did, it would be.
6) Thinking of holiday cuisine, what’s your favorite Christmas cookie? Whatever I’m offered.
7) Sam knows she will get a bottle of red wine from her boss, because that’s what he gives his staff every year. Is there a gift you can count on receiving? No.
8) What one gift would you most like to receive this year? Do you think anyone will get it for you? I would like the gift of reconciliation on a couple of fronts. But you don’t always get what you want.
9) This time of year is big for charitable fundraising. Here’s your chance to plug a cause or organization that’s near and dear to you. Anything that helps children I am for.
Have a good one. Whatever that means. Peace & love. We will return. Same time. Same blog.