Thanks to The Gal for authoring this meme. Click on the Sat-9 title of song on the next line below to play.
1) Britney Spears addresses this song to a dance partner when she hears her favorite song. What song always makes you want to get up and dance? Still like that old time rock ‘n’ roll. That kind of music just soothes the soul. I reminisce about the days of old
with that old-time rock ‘n’ roll.
2) She sings that she needs a vacation. How about you? If you could
escape anywhere for an affordable three-day weekend, where would you go? Chicago. The afterglow is going to last there for some time…
3) Britney shows off her dance moves in this video. Her coordination shouldn’t be surprising, since she was already an accomplished gymnast in grade school. If we asked you to turn a somersault right now, could you do it? I’m recovering from neck surgery because of three fracture in my neck. Do the math.
4) Britney’s first and only feature film was Crossroads, written by Shonda Rhimes. Ms. Rhimes is famous for writing popular TV series including Grey’s Anatomy, Scandal, The Catch and How to Get Away with Murder. Have you watched any Shonda Rhimes shows? I love medical shows, so I have seen Grey’s Anatomy I did not like it. To me E.R. and St. Elsewhere are the gold standard. Today Code Black is as hood ad it gets. I was shocked that it returned since I had read it was to be canceled. When it had its Season Premier with Rob Lowe joining the cast. He hasn’t aged a day, has a great character to create and I think will save the show.
5) Britney admits to smoking and biting her nails. Do you share either of these bad habits? I
smoked from 1964 to 1972 and from 1990 to 2004. RIP. What a stupid habit. I never did the nails thing.
6) Britney prefers Margherita pizza to thin slice or deep dish pizza. What’s your pizza preference? I like it thin. Recently I’ve gotten into Clams Casino again.
7) In 2011, when this song was popular, Prince William’s wedding to Kate Middleton was big news. Are you a royal watcher? No. I do not understand the infatuation. And I’m a guy whose wife loves everything about the British Royalty. Why do they deserve to live like that?
8) Apple co-founder Steve Jobs died in 2011. Do you have a Mac, and iPad or an iPhone? I love my iPhone and iPod (the best thing ever) and my iPad is company issued. I had to give it up yesterday so the guy who is covering my accounts can enter order. I am not a fan of it. I’d much prefer as laptop.
9) Random question: Which friend annoys you more, the one who interrupts you all the time, or the one who is never on time? I don’t have friends like that. At least not for long. Sorry if that doesn’t work for you.
Man, is my recouping going slow. But since I broke discs in my neck in 3 places I guess it’s not supposed to go fast. I still have little function in my right hand and my left is not right. I am so appreciative of Allison filling in for me on Stealing. That will be the first thing I’ll take back when my typing skills get better. How ‘bout them Cubbies? My dad was born in 1925. Ten years later he worshipped at the Cathedral known as Baseball. The first world series for him was Tigers v. Cubs. He decided he’d pick a team from the series to be his favorite team. We all know he picked the Cubs. Once retired and with a dish, he watched every game. No matter how the what their record was he’d put on his Cubs’ shirt and watch the game. He passed a couple of years ago, but he left my brother and his family life long Cubs fans. My brother has season tickets at both Fenway and Wrigley. He went to every home playoff game until the World Series. He went to every game then. I congratulated Gal Cat. & Harriet on Facebook but let’s give it up for them!! Oh and we met Captain Kirk. (See post below) We will return soon. Same time. Same blog.