Thanks to The Gal for authoring this meme. Click on the Sat-9 title of song on the next line below to play.
Saturday 9: Papa, Don’t Preach (1986)
If you’re not familiar with today’s song, you can hear it here.
1) Madonna has sold more than 200 million records worldwide. Do you have any of her songs on your iPod/mp3 player/phone? I only have three. I’m shocked that I don’t have “Papa Don’t Preach”. I have “Like a Virgin”, “Crazy For You” & “Material Girl”.
2) When she first arrived in New York in search of fame and fortune, Madonna supported herself by working at Dunkin’ Donuts. What did you order last time you were at Dunkin’ Donuts? Friday. While I don’t drink coffee, I love their Boston Cream Donuts. I general have a couple on my way to work.
3) Madonna and her first husband, Sean Penn, ended their marriage on New Year’s Eve,
formal attire optional”.1988. Sam’s New Year’s Eves are never that dramatic. What about you? Do you have any vivid New Year’s Eve memories you’d like to share? We had a WTIT New Year’s Party from 1970 to 1974. The next three New Year’s Eve I spent counting down the top disco hits of the year at what was my all-time favorite job, a DJ at the Dialtone Disco Dome. In the 80s WTIT relaunched. Cos, Rock, Midnight, B.B. & Bob replaced the departed Billy, Gary, Gypsy and Greg. The parties returned in the early 80s. The last one ever was in 1989 months before I split from my first wife, Mary Lou. In the 90s my second wife Debbie and I threw one but only got her best friend and hubby and Harvey Wallbanger. Since then, I spent a couple going out with my dad, but mostly I’ve stayed home. I was either with a date/wife or alone. Kathy and I have thrown parties, but not on New Year’s.
4) Madonna admits she suffers from brontophobia, aka the fear of storms. Are you scared of thunder and lightening? No, but I am scared of Madonna, if that helps.
5) Onstage during the 2015 Coachella fest, Madonna shocked the audience by planting a kiss square on the lips of much-younger rapper Drake. What’s something that surprised you recently? I mentioned the couple yelling my name that I didn’t recognize. They turned out to be work friends from the 90s. The woman I didn’t recognize I had a crush on back in the day. But she never knew because she was probably too young for me.
6) More recently, Madonna was at the center of a controversy because Prince fans didn’t
like her tribute at the Billboard Music Awards. They made themselves heard on social media. Was your last Facebook post or Tweet positive or negative? I don’t do anything on twitter and my Facebook posts are non-controversial. On Facebook I did a shout out to Galloping Gary whose 65th birthday is today.
7) One of the things Sam’s papa preaches about is car maintenance. He reminds her to check her car’s air filter regularly, because a dirty filter can reduce mileage. Share your own car maintenance tip with us. Put gas in the car. For some reason it won’t run if you don’t. I know, amazing shit, right?
8) When she was growing up, Sam’s father was often away on business. He always remembered to bring back the complimentary shampoos, conditioners and lotions from the hotels where he stayed. When will you next stay in a hotel (or motel, bed-and-breakfast or Airbnb room)? We have that Dark Shadows Con that I spoke about last week, a Star Trek New Voyages Con and a meeting of all the beauty vloggers that Kathy was invited to, coming up. All are in New York and we have reservations already.
9) To celebrate Father’s Day, Sam is giving away her father’s favorite candy: LifeSavers. Would you prefer a roll of Wild Cherry, Butter Rum, Winter Green or Peppermint? Wild Cherry for sure.
Well, Stealing is up. Kwizgiver (my friend Allison) is taking the summer off and I agreed to host it. I had to reactivate my Mr Linky account. I also had to change the format back to what I did with it. Allison used a lot of meme sites to steal her memes. That’s why they were so good. However, I always found an individual to steal from. It doesn’t make mine better or worse, but just different. I think I’m going to really enjoy it. Also, knowing it will switch back in the fall helps as well. Enjoy your weekend. We will return. Same time. Same blog.