Thank you Allison for hosting Sunday Stealing. to join in click here.
1. Are you a very open or private person? I’m way too open and trust too easily. That said I cannot change who I am. So, I live with it…
2. Change one thing about the world what would it be? Imagine that there’s no countries it isn’t hard to. Nothing to kill and die for and no religion too.
3. Live in any country/city, where would you choose? I think the truth is that I am happy where I am. But I would love to spend time in Europe.
4. What perfume do you wear? I normally don’t wear cologne. Kathy is trying to change that. So, I am looking for something I like.
5. How are you feeling right now? Still with my hands.
6. If money was no object, where would you move to? Somewhere warm like San Diego. Although since I’m about to be there for the first time, I will let you know.
7. Who was the last person to make you cry? I don’t cry because of a person, but rather a situation.
8. What age do people usually mistake you for? I had a guy I work with say “I mean that dude is old. In his 60s…” He then paused and said, “Sorry, Bud. I think of you as my age ‘cuz you look it.” The guy is 47.
9. Is there a song which can bring you to tears instantly? “What a Wonderful World”. It
was the song that my dad sang at piano bars. He sang a ton but he always called it his signature song. God, I miss him.
10. Do you play video games? Nope.
11. What do you think about before you go to bed? Usually work or my marriage. Lots of moving balls. My marriage is going very well. Work needs more of my attention.
12. Have you ever online dated? Yes. I’ve never had a long relationship that way. Singles dances was where I excelled. Although the last two serious relationships that I have had have involved the internet. Kathy found me through Facebook and the one before her was with a fellow blogger. Both wonderful women.
13. Do you get cranky when you’re hungry? Nope, I prefer to eat.
14. What drink did you last consume? Diet soda. I have not had alcohol for well over a month. I know. I can’t believe it either. But I am happy with it and don’t mind people drinking around me. I didn’t take the pledge. I could envision situations that I might have some for a toast or whatever.
15. Have you ever tripped while walking up the stairs? Constantly. I am a klutz. I quit drinking because I’ve got neuropathy in my feet. It means I have nerve damage and can’t feel them (a lot) from my ankles down.
16. Is there something you’re happy about at the moment? Yes. I am happy that Kathy and I have found a balance. She just got paid from Google for her TV show. She gets over four hundred comments and 1,000s views per show. Her highest has 40,000 views. I appeared on it recently and you can view it here.
17. Are you a shy person? Hardly.
18. Were you happy when you woke up today? No. I always want to sleep longer.
19. Do you like rain? I prefer the time before a thunderstorm. It gets eerie as the animal honker down. The world seems to go to black and white.
20. Can you go a day without music? No. Right now my iTunes is playing “Simply the Best” by Tina Turner.
As those who read this space yesterday know I am off to visit my son James. He’s 34 and lives in San Diego with his girlfriend Wanda. I’ve promised him since he moved that I’d come out and now as decade has passed. I’m going alone and hope to have great time. I want to see if James has done anything with his music. He was SO close with the band So Long Davey (click here to hear them ). The lead singer who co-wrote the songs with James, quit the band two years ago and James hasn’t recovered from that me thinks. I will encourage him to get a new singer and resurrect the songs.
But of course I am there just to visit him and see his world. He loves San Diego. He has sacrificed a lot to live there. He just loves the vibe and the weather. I haven’t seen him since my wedding in 2012. We talk consistently. I have a very close relationship with three of my four kids. They give me support and unconditional love. My three grandchildren are incredible as well. (I actually have a fourth, but I am estranged from my youngest child for reasons I cannot understand.)
Am I the only one having trouble copying Stealing to Word and then having to deal with problems with html? I think it might be a Windows 10/Office 365 problem. I get Office for free on all my computers through work. Have a good couple of weeks. Then I shall return with more stupidity that I call WTIT: The Blog. Same time. Same blog.