Thanks to The Gal for authoring this meme. Click on the Sat-9 title of song on the next line below to play.
Saturday 9: You’re Beautiful (2005)
Unfamiliar with this week’s tune? Hear it here.
1) The first line is of this song is, “My life is brilliant.” Using one word, describe your life. My life is unbelievable.
2) This is about a chance encounter between strangers in a crowd, specifically the subway. What “crowded place” were you most recently in? The most people that I shared a venue with was at Radio City Music Hall. It holds over 6,000 nearly twice as many people as The Kodak Theater in Hollywood at 3400. I saw the Mike and the Mad Dog Reunion Show. Come to think of it, there were probably more people at Grand Central Station when my son Ben & I arrived in Manhattan.
3) Near the very end of this song, James Blunt sings, “It’s time to face the truth.” Do you believe you face things head on? Or do you tend to deny or put off the unpleasant? I definitely put off thinking of ugly truths. Although I will say that after dumping alcohol for medical reasons that I more realistic and harder on myself more quickly. Sometimes you throw all logic out the window such as my call from my estranged wife. “Would you take me back?” was the question. There were 1,000 reason not to, but only one reason that I said “Yes”. I was still in love with her. It was a good decision. Our relationship now is very different and I am very happy with it.
4) James Blunt went to an all-boys school. Some educators recommend single-sex classrooms because they maintain girls just naturally approach subjects like math and science differently than boys do. Do you agree? No. I went to one. This system retards the boys’ maturity. I entered a 6-year private school in my junior year of high school. They were acting like twelve year-olds because they were not trying to impress girls. It was unnatural. It was also impossible to take a girl into a closet for a blowjob. Can you believe that?
5) Blunt put his father in charge of his finances. Income taxes are top of mind for many of us this time of year. Do you do your own taxes? Or do you go to an accountant or tax preparation service? I have used the same accountant since the 70s when he was a rookie and I was in my 20s.
6) In 2005, the year this song was a hit, the sitcom How I Met Your Mother was also popular. Do you know how your parents met? Like most people. They were drunk at a nightclub called “The Ace of Hearts.”
7) 2005 is also the year Tom Cruise famously jumped on a sofa. Do you remember where he did this? On Oprah. He still is a moron but the dude can act.
8) 2005 was also the year YouTube really took off. What’s the last video you watched? I watched a documentary on lions last night on my TV. Getting a simple Roku device has changed a ton of how I watch TV since it streams the internet through your HDTV.
9) Random question … Which of these high profile jobs would you enjoy more: head of General Motors, CEO of Apple or president of the New York Yankees? The Yanks hands down. I’ve been a fan since (I know I’m fucking old) the late 50s.
The weather here has turned to spring. Have a great day. We will return. Same time. Same blog.