Thanks to The Gal for authoring this meme. Click on the Sat-9 title of song on the next line below to play.
1) The very bad day described in this song began promisingly enough. The lyrics tells us, “Woke up an optimist, sun was shining, I’m positive.” How did your day begin? Better than the video of the song. Was Paul even in the same building? Does he think playing guitar for Kayne & Beyoncé would make him more relevant? He’s fucking Paul McCartney. He’s already relevant. All that aside, I loved the song. I’d never heard it till today.
2) This song refers to Monday morning. What’s on your plate for Monday? My days of the are
the same in the sense that I see the same retailers on the same day each week. But here’s another clue for you all, the walrus was Paul: Which in this case the “surprise” eludes to the fact that my wife and I have decided to get back together. You never know. In January I would had laughed at the notion.
3) The lyrics request, “promise you’ll pay my bail.” Have you ever had to bail anyone out of jail? (Or have you been bailed out?) No and no. I’ve never been convicted of a crime. I have been arrested. In one case I sued the police and won.
4) Rihanna gets top billing in this all-star trio. She says that when she was a little girl, she used to walk around singing “A Whole New World” from Disney’s Aladdin. What’s your favorite song from a Disney movie? I’ve never like musicals. Even as a kid. I love theater and film and you guys know how much I like music. I just don’t like watching action and then a dude comes in and sings about “the fringe on top”. As a kid I loved Hailey Mills. Although Annette “will always be my Blanket Bingo Queen” (Tom Rush, 1988)
5) Rihanna dated outfielder Matt Kemp when he was with the LA Dodgers. Opening Day is less than a month away. Are you a baseball fan? Yes. Yankees. I have probably told the story before. My dad (Baseball is all about fathers and their kids) picked The Cubbies as his favorite team as a kid. It was his first world series that he heard on the radio and the Cubs were playing the Tigers in 1935, as a ten year-old. He picked the Cubs. So when I was 8, the Yankees and Milwaukee Braves were playing the World Series. So my pick worked out better and had no idea about the Yankee’s history, I just did what my dad did. Man he hated the Yanks. But he always took me the The Stadium at least once a year. I miss him so much. If the Cubs match everyone’s predictions, it will be bittersweet. But my brother like most boys, simply followed The Cubs because my dad did. Just like my own sons did.
5) Rihanna dated outfielder Matt Kemp when he was with the LA Dodgers. Opening Day is less than a month away. Are you a baseball fan? Yes. Yankees. I have probably told the story before. My dad (Baseball is all about fathers and their kids) picked The Cubbies as his favorite team as a kid. It was his first world series that he heard on the radio and the Cubs were playing the Tigers in 1935, as a ten year-old. He picked the Cubs. So when I was 8, the Yankees and Braves (Milwaukee) were playing the World Series. So my pick worked out better and had no idea about the Yankee’s history, I just did what my dad did. Man he hated the Yanks. But he always took me the The Stadium at least once a year. I miss him so much. If the Cubs match everyone’s predictions, it will be bittersweet. But my brother like most boys, simply followed The Cubs because my dad did.
6) Kanye West also sings on this week’s song. When he was a little boy, he spent a year in China with his mother. Have you ever lived overseas (as opposed to just visiting on vacation)? My wife did. Does that count?
7) Mr.West is part owner of the Fatburger chain. Do you like grilled onions on your burger? Yes. Yet I hate raw onions on anything, particularly a salad. Yuch!
8) This week’s third artist, Paul McCartney, is a vegetarian. Think about your most recent meal. Did it include chicken, pork, or beef? Eggs or dairy? I had veal for dinner, so yes. About memes (or “surveys” if you’d prefer) I hate yes or no questions. No offense meant by that. It would be stupid for me to hand off Sat-9 and Stealing and then criticize it. I think most people like those type of memes. It makes it impossible for me, however. It’s just because I’m either doing comedy or telling a story. But does anyone care what I do? I guess it’s like beauty being in the eye of the beholder…
9) Paul was born at 2:00 PM on a Thursday. Do you know what day of the week you were born? Do you know the exact time? No.
So I dropped the big news. While Kathy and I were separated for over seven months, yet we never fought or had a harsh word. She came over to decorate my house at Christmas because of my (10 operations!) back. We helped each other with the divorce papers. But when that final court date came, we asked each other if this was what we really wanted. It was not until then that I realized that we never even tried to fix us. She said she was unhappy and wanted out. I asked how much $$$ she wanted to leave right away. She told me and I gave it to her. I was that hurt and angry.
So while I tried to roll back to single life, I knew it sucked for me. I decided in 2009 when faced with a path-of-life choice. My BFF (Harvey Wallbanger) wanted to move in and do what we had done in 1993. That was when I decided to start dating again. After my first girlfriend came and went, I got that email from Kathy. She said she was Gary Hunter’s (my DJ name) biggest fan. She wanted to meet me to discuss a Dialtone (The club’s name) reunion. So a woman who was 17 at my show decides (now) over 40 years ago decides to find out what ever happened to me. Then on the 20th of October in the year of the Common Era 2012 she became my wife. I expected to ride off into the sunset with her. So while we don’t know why we let it become a divorce situation, but we did.
She simply asked, “Would you really want me back?” And while I had told myself that the answer would be “NO!” it wasn’t. First I said nothing. There was this long pregnant pause as I thought about it. It wasn’t as though I had stayed home alone and locked up. I was moving on, alone. I felt that I was getting my groove back. Dating again was a bit weird, but I was not going to just sit back and not have a life. However, there was that question. I had to answer it. She had asked, “Would you really want me back?” And everything and everyone that had been in and out of my life flashed before me as I thought about the question. She has asked, “Would you really want me back?” My voice was shaky as I was about to respond. Would I really want her back? Then it dawned on me, that despite of all I had been put through, the hurt, the sense of betrayal and the “moving on” part. But the answer even surprised me. Because the answer was “Yes.”
She has a YouTube show that has nearly 6,000 subscribers. She asked if she could film the ending with me. So she said, “I have big news. Wait for it, as I walked onto her set. I said, “I’m baaaaccckkk”. She got over 400 comments graduating us. Wow. I was thrilled when I use to get 50! Enjoy your weekend. We may be back tomorrow, unless of course Stealing is a “yes or no’er.” In the middle of me writing this Kathy called. She was not going to move in until the end of March. She asked if she could move in (except for the movers of her furniture) by Sunday. And because of the story that I just shared, the answer was “yes”.