Thank you Allison for hosting Sunday Stealing. to join in click here.
76. What is the best advice you’ve ever been given? “Never attribute to malice what could more easily be explained by stupidity.” It’s number 8 in “Bud’s Laws of Life”.
77. Is it easier to forgive or forget? I don’t think that you can ever forget. Which is why if you catch your lover cheating, leaving is the only option. If you try to forgive, it will not work. Trust me on this one.
78. First mobile phone? A car phone that had to be mounted in my car. (Yes I am that old.) At the time I owned 8 video stores and had to be able to be contacted. I think it was a Motorola.
79. Strangest dream? I had one that I knew it was a dream. I was telling my friends that we were dreaming. It was fantastic! I attributed it to the narcotics that I was on.
80. Best dream? A wet dream.
81. Who is the smartest person you know? My son Ben. He’s also the most honest, trustworthy and loyal without being a prude and he still has a wild side.
82. Who is the prettiest person on you know? Michelle, one of the French twins. Her sister MaBelle is not bad either.
83. Do you miss anyone right now? Yes.
84. Who do you love? Why? There is family love that rarely changes. There is friend love that does change. I’ve had a lot of guys who were my “best friend” over the years. What I never saw coming were guys that were with me growing up re-entering my life after decades away. I think WTIT is the reason for that. I don’t know if I’ll ever finish that book. But
I do appreciate the role Tape Radio has had in my life. My daughter Heather was once asked what she thought of WTIT growing up. She paused, thought and then said, “I thought everybody’s dad had a Tape Radio Station in their rec room.”
85. Do you like sharing? Look how long it took me to answer the last question. So I’ll say it depends on what.
86. What was the last picture you took with your phone? I tried to take selfie to update my photo. I’ve has a goatee for a while now and I need a new one. It doesn’t work. I’m great as a subject in the photo. I just can’t take good ones.
87. Is there a reason behind everything that happens? No. Life is a random set of motions and emotions that we deal with. I love the baseball metaphor that the best you can do is to hit what’s pitched.
88. Favorite genre of music? Rock. From Buddy Holly through Fall Out Boy. But I will add this. In rock there are The Beatles and then there’s everything else. If someone says differently, they don’t know shit about rock music.
89. If you had one word to describe yourself, what would it be? Complicated.
90. Describe your life in 5 words. It is in tremendous flux.
91. Craziest thing you’ve ever done? You’ve read this blog. I do a lot of crazy shit. I could never narrow it to one thing.
92. First three songs in your favorite playlist? I have no idea. I just bought a new computer and I’m moving music today. Ask me next week. But I do love one hot wonders. Songs like “Tainted Love” or “Bad Day”.
93. Are you more creative or logical? Creative, though not particularly funny today.
94. Would you rather lie or hurt someone with the truth? Another questions needing qualifiers. Next!
95. What are you most proud of? Being a decent dad. I am extremely close to my older three kids. My youngest and I are estranged. It’s a long story but it centers on her being raised by a stepdad.
96. What personality trait do you admire in other people? Honesty or nice breasts. It’s a tossup.
97. When you imagine yourself as really, really relaxed and happy, what are you doing? As long as there is a least one naked female involved. I’m in.
98. How do you usually start a conversation? Hey, you wanna get naked and lie in bed?
99. What is the best news you could hear right now? That’s there is an out in a situation that I find myself.
That’s it for a Sunday at the Tape Radio blog. Football today. It’ll be relaxing since my Pats played and won yesterday. It’s been a crazy few weeks. When I spoke with my wife this week she told me that her small apartment got flooded from a toilet upstairs. After hearing the long and winding story I said, “Being married to me must have sucked if this is better.” She laughed hard. I’ll never stop loving her laugh. Her, of course. The laugh? Never. I love being single. But the prospect of being alone the rest of my life is a bit of a drag. But it’s been just seven months. I realize that I still have no perspective. And on this note, I’m out of here. Join us next time. Same time. Same blog.