Thanks to Gal for authoring this meme. Click on the Sat-9 title of song on the next line below to play.
Unfamiliar with this week’s song? Hear it here.
2) This recording is from Harry Connick Jr’s best-selling CD, When My Heart Finds Christmas. This year, did you add any new holiday songs to your personal collection? I spend each and every Christmas searching the universe for that great new Christmas tune. Only an agnostic like I, could really get the heart of the matter. This year I added “Have Yourself A Wicked Polka Christmas” by Josef Wannabiteurasski and his Polka Band & Chorus. You will never look at Christmas the same again.
3) Harry was born and raised in New Orleans, a city that seldom sees snow. Have you had enough snow to shovel so far this winter? I don’t do shoveling. I have a hot twenty something from the neighborhood do it. We call her “hair” because her hair is long as only someone young and pretty can wear it. I know, that now you’re wondering if now that I’m single whether I’ll take a shot at it. Keep wondering.
4) Speaking of weather, Harry hosted a mini-series on The Weather Channel called 100 Biggest Weather Moments. Do you frequently check The Weather Channel? Tempting, but no. I only care about the weather in the WTIT Studio. Right now its rather “hot”, so to speak. But it’s a long story that I may tell you about later. Or not. These things aren’t easy to guess.
5) Harry’s mother was a very impressive woman — a lawyer, judge and Louisiana Supreme Court justice. Tell us about someone in your family of whom you’re very proud. My Uncle Fred fashioned himself as an inventor. He thought he really had a winner with his wearable gum ball machine. Try as he would, no one ever noticed him trying to sell his gum. Fortunately his wife, my Aunt Maxine, worked as a prostitute part time. So when she went off duty, Uncle Fred would wear her wig and g-string to walk around selling gum. Sales went WAY up, but I always had the feeling that people bought the gum to make him go away. Go figure.
6) Happy New Year! Now that Christmas is over, are you done with holiday music and decorations? Or are you sad to see the holidays end? I only enjoy Christmas music from four o’clock Christmas Eve until midday on Christmas. The decorations (see “Tree my ex-wife came over to put up”) will be up for a while because my kids couldn’t organize out yearly holiday party till late January.
7) The New Year’s Eve fireworks celebration in Sydney, Australia is famous for coordinating pyrotechnics and music. Have you ever welcomed the New Year in another country? I just got a Christmas card from a guy in Australia. I’ve only met the dude once. He was my brother-in-law for a couple of years and among other things he apologized for his sister being an asshole. It was very touching. The first conversation he and I had was about that his genital package. It seems it hasn’t worked in years. His wife asked if she could boink another guy. He said, “I said ‘yes’ because I’m so glad she can get those urges. As long as she’s in my bed that night, it’s all good.” His wife by the way couldn’t get laid in a prison. And I know I didn’t actually answer the question. I could have typed less by just saying “No.”
8) Do you have any New Year’s Resolutions for 2016? Yes. I intend to get divorced and NEVER get married again. I think it’s a decent plan. And well earned.
9) Looking back on 2015, what surprised you? I think my wife’s exit qualifies.
That’s it for a Saturday in 2016. I hope your New Year went well and that you weren’t arrested or caught a disease from Charlie Sheen. We will return. Same time. Same blog.