Thanks to Gal for authoring this meme. Click on the Sat-9 title of song on the next line below to play.
Saturday 9: Perfect Storm (2014)
Unfamiliar with this week’s tune? Hear it here.
1) This song is about “the thrill of a lifetime” kind of love. Do you believe we each get one great love? Or do you think it’s possible to fall in love more than once? I have been in love with more than one person at the same time. In fact I think most people have, whether they acted upon it or not. Now lusting at two at the same time, that’s just hardcore fun.
2) Brad Paisley endured his own “perfect storm” in 2010, when he lost his guitars in the massive flood that hit Nashville. Tell us about a time when you had to clean up after Mother Nature. Two or three years into WTIT the studio that was in the basement rec room flooded. All the tapes were underwater. I thought they were lost and I was beside myself. WTIT & the tapes always wee the most valuable possessions of mine. It turned out that water does not erase tapes and after they dried out they were fine.
3) He is married to actress Kimberly Williams, who played Steve Martin’s daughter in the Father of the Bride movies. He has admitted he was a little in love with her before he met because he’d seen her on screen. Do you have a crush on anyone right now? Katie Nolan. She’s a 20 something woman who did a youtube thing called “Guyism Speed Round” which spoofed news and sports stories. Fox Sports hired her away and her main project is a 30-minute sports/comedy thing that is first shown at midnight on Wednesdays called “Garbage Time”. Another job for my Tivo.
4) He’s a passionate Cleveland Browns fan. Are you following the NFL this season? What a truly strange worded question. It’s asked as though we change teams each season. Anyway, that aside, As a young kid I followed the Giants because I’ve been a Yankees’ fan since I was 6 and they both played at The House That Ruth Built. I went to college in Boston. I started becoming a Pats fan, too. For years it seemed that they were never good at the same time. Somewhere along the way I realized I was not a Giants fan anymore. Or more clearly, I was a die-hard Pats fan.
5) Brad has developed his own line of western wear for Boot Barn, including some pricey items. (A “Perfect Storm” felt hat goes for $230.) What’s the most expensive item you’ve added to your wardrobe recently? I don’t wear expensive clothes. But I do buy them. The French twins were quite taken when I bought them designer nightgowns.
6) “Paisley” is also a term for a popular print. Are you wearing a print or solid right now? I’m wearing a Trek tee shirt. Which is that?
7) Crazy Sam is not a big country fan, but she can sing along with this song because it played so very often at a bar she frequents. What’s the last song you sang? “I’ll Feel a Whole Lot Better” by The Byrds.
8) Though Brad Paisley has recorded songs about drinking, he never touches alcohol. His favorite beverage is Yoohoo, a chocolate beverage bottled by the Dr. Pepper/Snapple Company. What’s the last beverage you drank directly from the bottle? A Diet Coke.
9) Random question from a Sat9er: What’s your favorite handmade item? My daughter Heather recently knitted me a great scarf.
That’s a wrap for a Saturday. I have to work today. It’s because of Thanksgiving. We need to deliver on Monday. It’s not bad, just three stores that will take 3-4 hours which is mostly because of driving. I got all the paperwork together for my divorce. Now I have to hire a sheriff to serve her. I’ve kept her up to date so there’d be no surprises. We are not using lawyers. We’ve divided property and I gave her a lump sum of money for her move and to have her leave immediately. It was awkward from the very next day. We get along fine. She yet again asked to be friends. I explained yet again why that wouldn’t work.
I don’t want to be “friends” when she starts dating. I asked her if honestly that she’d want to be friends once I started dating. She responded that she wants me to be happy. Which really didn’t address the question. She did however say that she left to be single, not to meet someone else. (“It’ll be a long time…”) It’s not going to be a “long time” for me. Our divorce is scheduled for March 26, 2016. I won’t discuss any of my dating or the like here until after that date out of respect for her.
Enjoy your weekend! We will be back tomorrow with “Stealing”. Be here. Same time. Same blog.