Thanks to Gal for authoring this meme. Click on the Sat-9 title of song on the next line below to play.
Saturday 9: That’s All (1983)
Unfamiliar with this week’s tune? Hear it here.
1) In the lyrics, Phil Collins sings of a time he was wrong when he thought he was right. Tell us about a recent time when you got it wrong. After I met my soon to be ex, she told me that she received an email that was attributed to my ex-girlfriend. I was so upset I began calling her “The Dragon Lady” on this blog. I was totally wrong to do this even if it were true. Enough information has come to my attention that I know if such an email was ever sent that it wasn’t from my ex-girlfriend. I have apologized to her privately, but I do believe I owe a public apology as well, so here it is. I’m truly sorry.
2) The song is addressed to a lover that Phil clearly feels is contrary. When he says, “day,” she says, “night.” Is there anyone in your life who seems to disagree with you all or most of the time? Apparently, but she moved out in June.
4) Phil Collins is a model train enthusiast. Is there anything special that you collect? Ex wives. But trust me, they weren’t particularly special.
5) Collins was awarded an honorary doctorate from the Berklee College of Music in Boston. At the ceremony, he delivered the commencement address. When did you last give a presentation or deliver a speech? I delivered a eulogy when my Dad passed away in December.
6) One of Phil Collins’ early solo albums was called, Hello, I Must Be Going. He took the title from a song in the 1930 Marx Bros. movie, Animal Crackers. What’s the last black and white movie or TV show that you watched? A “Twilight Zone” episode, or perhaps “Outer Limits”. I do confuse them.
7) In 1983, when this song was popular, the Lotus 1-2-3 program made it easier for PC users to build spreadsheets. Are you answering these questions on a PC or a Mac? Laptop or desktop? Tablet or phone? I’m using smoke signals, I call it “old school”.
8) 1983 is also the year when McDonald’s introduced McNuggets. What’s your favorite chicken recipe (assuming it’s not McNuggets)? I used to live near a Roy Rogers. It’s fried chicken was the best. I have not had it in least a dozen years.
9) In 1983, President Reagan signed the bill making Dr. Martin Luther King’s birthday a holiday. What’s your favorite holiday? National Orgy Day, it’s not very well know but once everyone greases down with Crisco and does drugs, no one cares.
That’s it for today. If you haven’t read my previous post about my amazing Star Trek experience, please do. Things are going well. I will e back in this here spot to attempt to be funny again. We’ve got our RSVPs for our next recording session and I think we will have six! Join us next time. Same time. Same blog. But no more Dragon Lady jokes…