Thank you Allison for hosting Sunday Stealing. to join in click here.
1. Would you like to be famous? In what way? I was offered a job as the head writer on a comedy show once. I did not accept because we only got paid when the show sold. I told the producer, “Oh, I get the show sold, you thank me and then explain why you need experience. Tempting, but no…” So, I think writing for a comedy show would be outstanding. But where I had a contract and got paid.
2. Before making a telephone call, do you ever rehearse what you are going to say? Why? Yep. You make dirty phone calls without rehearsing – it’s hard!
3. What would constitute a “perfect” day for you? I come home from a night out with a friend. A neighbor’s girlfriend is at the door. Oh wait. This DID happen. Never mind…
4. When did you last sing to yourself? To someone else? I sing alone all the time. I have too much respect for the songs to torture someone else.
5. If you were able to live to the age of 90 and retain either the mind or body of a 30-year-old for the last 60 years of your life, which would you want? This is a horrible question, for me I mean. My dad’s body and mind were great until the ill fated procedure that left him with dementia. My mom at 92 cannot do everything she loved because of a walker and the degree of difficulty going anywhere. So both suck. This is the blind/deaf question, a regular “Sophie’s Choice”.
6. Do you have a secret hunch about how you will die? Considering the problems that I have with my heart, I’m guess that goes.
7. For what in your life do you feel most grateful? Great friends and family.
8. If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be? I’d had a mother who was not taking hangovers out on her kids.
9. If you could wake up tomorrow having gained any one quality or ability, what would it be? Anything that would get me back on radio or television.
10. If a crystal ball could tell you the truth about yourself, your life, the future or anything else, what would you want to know? I’m not into crystal balls, my bad.
11. What does friendship mean to you? It’s a bit like love. You know when you’ve got it but you don’t know why or how.
12. What roles do love and affection play in your life? It’s only been three weeks since the Mrs. left. Ask me in three weeks.
13. When did you last laugh? I watched an episode of Katie Nolan’s old show last night.
14. Are you a morning person or a night owl? I hate mornings.
15. Seen anything weird lately? Your mom. Will you ask her to stop sending the picks?
That’s a Sunday on the Tape Radio blog. Next weekend we do our July recording. It will be our first without Johnnie. We always have a good time. So, I have no idea whether I’ll be here next week. Time will tell, but doesn’t it always? Till whenever. Same time. Same blog.