Thanks to Gal for authoring this meme. Click on the Sat-9 title of song on the next line below to play.
Saturday 9: You’re No Good (1974)
Unfamiliar with this week’s tune? Hear it here.
… because Harriet suggested Linda Ronstadt
1) This week’s featured artist, Linda Ronstadt, turns 69 next month. Will you be celebrating any family/friend birthdays this summer? This really depends on what you mean by celebrating. Am I throwing any birthday parties? No. Unless it’s Jill Hennessy. We’re getting back together, since I am single again. I just checked. Jill is a November born person such as I. I will send gifts when appropriate. Or like on Johnnie’s birthday I’ll post his pic on the WTIT Facebook page. (Facebook.com/WTITRADIO) It won’t be the same since he left me. Now the wife’s left me. Is it a pattern?
2) Linda sings that she’s learned her lesson and it’s left a scar. Tell us how you got one of your scars. The physical ones? Let’s see, back surgery, back surgery, back surgery, back surgery, back surgery, back surgery, back surgery, back surgery, back surgery, and back surgery. Emotional ones? Moi? No.
3) This song is about a lover who is, obviously, no good. Let’s be more positive. Who is the nicest person you know? You mean nice like Alanis going down on me at a theater or nice like Betty White? I don’t give a rats ass. I’m thinking about a movie blowjob now. Men are easily distracted.
4) Linda says that she grew up on Mexican music, which was sung by her entire family. Do you speak any Spanish? ¿Se bajar o que en un teatro? See what I mean?
5) She toured often throughout her career and is quoted as saying, “they haven’t invented a word for that loneliness that everybody goes through on the road.” Are you missing someone right now? No. Johnnie’s not been gone long and the ex is signing papers for her apartment. So, she won’t be gone until a few weeks.
7) In 1974, when this song was a hit, The Magic 8 Ball was still a top-seller at toy stores. It retailed for just $1.99, and promised that all you had to do was gaze at it, concentrate, and wait to learn your fate … “if you dare!” If you could get an answer to one question about the future, what would you ask? What are tomorrow’s Powerball numbers?
8) 1974 is the year when Mikhail Baryshnikov defected to the United States. Have you ever been to the ballet? Yes. I went. No, it wasn’t for me. Naked women couldn’t save it. Unless… Nah, never mind.
9) Random question: What’s your shoe size? Random answer: Guess.
So another week in the books. Hope everything’s swell. What a time I had censoring the pick in the theater. We though that we got it all and BAM! More dick. We shall return. Peace out. Love you, babe. Same time. Same blog.