Thank you Allison for hosting Sunday Stealing. to join in click here.
3 (or more, or less!) things…
1. …you cannot live without. Number One would be my recording studio for WTIT. Everywhere I’ve ever lived (other than the year I lost due to a staph infection) has had one. The current one is my favorite. I will hate to lose it when we sell the house. We put it in the market three weeks ago and we’ve been told an offer will come this week. Number Two would be my music. I have thousands off LPs, hundreds of CDs and over 16,000 mp3s on my two iPods. One for is all my music. The other has all of WTIT on it. With my wife’s encouragement, I completely transferred all of our tapes to mp3s. Number Three is my various computers. I like my desktop the best, but an iPad does come in handy.
2. …you CAN live without, but cannot seem to part with. The French Twins and their sister. Don’t get me wrong we don’t fool around anymore. But once a month they come over to visit. The Mrs. thinks they are a hoot.
3. …you wish to accomplish this COMING week. I’d like that house offer to come in at the right price. I’d love Johnnie Walker to announce that he’s changed his mind and is not moving to Colorado and leaving WTIT. Johnny has been part of WTIT since 1968 and is the only other Original 5 guys that has basically navigated all the changes of DJs that came and went over We are in year 49. The irony is that Johnnie left once before to move to Colorado in 1973. (Click here for our complete history.) At that time it was Bouncing Billy who helped us keep it together. Billy left us in 1985. Ironically, it will be Billy who returned to us in 2013 and will have to help again.
4. …you have accomplished this PAST week. We recorded Friday night. We did no comedy. We had a great time. Billy decided to give Johnnie a hard time about moving by saying, “I finally return and you decide to leave?” Johnnie was ready for it and replied, “I’ve been sitting in this chair for some 48 years. Where were you?” At that point we all started laughing till our sides hurt!
5. …on your holiday (or non-holiday) ‘wish list.’ Peace. I had an argument with Johnnie about the war. He tried to compare Isis to Hitler’s Germany in the second World War. Please. It was our meddling that made all this shit happen. Had we left Iraq alone, the area would be a hell of a lot safer. Johnnie argued that Iraq happened and now we should clean up the mess. Me? I just want out. I want the Tea Baggers out of the Republican Party. Right now candidates have to go to the extreme right to get the nomination. They try to get more moderate during the general election but it really doesn’t work. I do like the new format for American Idol. Those result shows were boring. I’m picking “Jax” for this year’s winner.
6. …you would like to change about yourself. Nothing. When you are as great as I am it’s hard to be humble.
7. …you like about yourself. I chose the right people to author Saturday 9 and Sunday Stealing. The Gal has written Saturday 9 since October of 2012. Her third anniversary is just around the corner. Kwizgiver has run Sunday Stealing since July of 2013. So her second anniversary is almost here.
8. …you should be doing right now instead of what you ARE doing. I did my “work homework” before I started playing this. I think I’ll work on music today.
9. …in your life that could use a little more organization. Following the rules of a meme. I really paid little attention to the correct way to do this post. But, what the fuck. Since apparently I stole this meme in the first place I shouldn’t bitch.
I hope all is well with you. I am having trouble wrapping my brain around the fact that Johnnie Walker is leaving WTIT. I think I did tell you that before he made his decision he offered to let me veto it if I thought WTIT will crash and burn. I said that it’s happened before. After our “Ten Years of WTIT” Party we almost never recorded again. I really missed it. So in 1982 I threw a “Last Tape & 15th Anniversary Party”. At the end of the night
Johnnie said after we signed off that it wasn’t the last tape. He stated, “It’s WAY too much fun and a part of who we all are.” By 1985 we were back recording on a weekly basis. The only significant stoppage was when I had that staph infection in 2003. Bouncing Billy said he had someone in mind to take over for Johnnie, and I will reach out to some guys that are still in the area but left us for one reason or another. Have a great week! We will get the Tape Radio blog to visit again. Same time. Same blog.