Saturday 9: Here I Go Again (1982)
Unfamiliar with this week’s tune? Hear it here.
1) This song originally appeared on Whitesnake’s Saints and Sinners album. Are you feeling more saintly or sinful this morning? Since “saintly” is not on my bucket list, it’s gotta be sinful. Where are those French twins?
2) Whitesnake was formed by Brit David Coverdale, who now lives in Lake Tahoe, NV. Have you ever wanted to relocate to another country? No, or rather not until recently. I’d consider it if our retirement $$$ went further.
3) In the song, Coverdale says he “was born to walk alone.” Do you enjoy time on your own? Or do you quickly get bored or lonely? I’ve very content to be alone. My wife and I have plenty of interests the give the other “me time”. Although the “us time” is great too.
4) During the band’s 1980s heyday, Coverdale was known for his skintight leather pants. Do you own leather pants or slacks? No.
5) What about snakeskin? Not since the 70s. My dad had bought a pair of alligator patched high-healed boots. My mother laughed her ass off and told him she would not got out of the house if he was wearing those boots. I was a DJ at a disco and they were perfect for my work.
6) It’s estimated that 20,000 people die of snake bite every year. Approximately 1,000 suffer fatal spider bites. Less than 50 are killed each year by sharks. Considering sharks, spiders and snakes, which do you find scariest? Sharks, spiders and snakes, oh my!
7) In 1982, when this song was popular, the world lost Princess Grace of Monaco. Before she became a royal, she was film star Grace Kelly. Have you ever seen a Grace Kelly movie? Yes, but not since the 60s.
8) Speaking of movies, the top-grossing film of 1982 was ET: The Extra Terrestrial. Have you seen it? My kids were the perfect ages for that film which was released during the era that my kids were young.
9) Random question: How many timepieces will you have to reset when we spring ahead this weekend? Only a couple. Most clocks set themselves now a days.
That is about it for a Saturday in Blogland. This week I am hospital bound. I had stints put in my heart in 2004. They need to go in and see what is causing my current situation. So, it’s an angiogram. Then more stints. Or open heat surgery. I have a double afib thing going on. I have complete confidence in both my cardiologist and her team. So, we will see you back soon. Same time. Same blog.